Personal Project Class of 2024
10th Grade MYP @Hillsboro High IB World School
This is the IB Official Guide for Personal Projects. This guide was edited with dates created in the Spring of 2021. Due to the technology demand of this year in the library, we are not on the same time track as noted on this document.
What is a Personal Project
- It a problem, you see, or you have.
- It's something you want to learn.
- It is something you want to help.
- It's something that you are passionate about and you build a plan around that passion.
Watch this video from another school on how they explained Personal Projects. Note the date, use of Managebac, & the email attached do not relate. (Managebac is a tool that you will use if you pursue the IBCP or IBDP diploma your Junior year.
Why The Personal Project
Timeline of Completing Objectives
Objective A: Planning will be completed by the end of 1st Semester.
Objective B: Applying Skills will be completed by the end of February
Objective C: Reflecting will be completed prior to Spring Break in March.
FINAL REPORT SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Things you will need
- 3-Ring binder, or journal, blog, or Digital Journal
Annotated Bibliography (Cite and annotate at least 5 sources this will happen in the Fall, but you can start collecting sources now)
- Primary Sources (Pictures, interviews, etc.)
- Secondary Sources (database articles, etc)
- Tri-Fold Board
- The end piece will be due in March and the amount of words are dependent on what pieces you submit. The word count is anywhere between 500-1500 words. More details about this piece will happen in the Fall.
Process Journal Checklist
- Shows your Process. This is where you are writing notes on what you are learning, what you are doing, what changes you have made, and what direction you are going.
- Shows the books you've read, checked out
- Shows the resources you've found and discussed what you've learned
- Any interviews or help you are receiving.
- Drawings, graphs, pictures, models, etc.
Review this checklist to make sure that you are on track!
Be Sure to Date Each Entry!
Personal Project Fair
What will Project Fair Day Look Like?
- It will happen on Project Expo Day.
- You will be dressed in Professional Attire.
- Projects will be displayed in Small Gym and Students, Teachers, Parents, & Community Partners will come by to listen to your presentation.
- Best in Show & Learner Profile Award presented for each Group.