April 28, 2021
BIKE TO SCHOOL DAY IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 5TH
Every student that bikes to school on May 5th will be entered in a raffle to win an extra recess for your class!
A bike officer will be congratulating students as they arrive at school and we will be talking about bike safety in class.
Parks and Rec has some special activities planned the week of May 3-7th as well, all are welcome!
PICTURE RETAKES - THURSDAY, MAY 6TH
If you missed picture day or would just like retakes please be sure to let your teacher know. Retakes are scheduled for the first part of the day Thursday, May 6th. Please use this order code for retakes 50599VB
MISSOULA GIVES - May 6th & 7th
Mark your calendars for the Lowell PTA's Missoula Gives Campaign on May 6th and 7th!
Find out more at our event website: https://www.missoulagives.org/organizations/lowell-school-pta
Please sign up to participate through the webpage or email Heidi at email@example.com.
Thursday, May 6th:
SOUP FARM - 5pm - First 8 donors to the Lowell PTA receive a $10 gift certificate
Friday, May 7th:
HUNTER BAY - 6-4PM - One FREE 12 oz beverage per customer
BURNS ST. BISTRO - 8-11AM - One FREE Breakfast Burrito per customer (until supplies run out)
OULA - 5-6pm - Oula with Stacey in Westside Park; FREE dance party!!!!!!!
The money raised by Missoula Gives will be used to diversify the book collection in our library as well as towards our playground renovation.
COVID PRECAUTIONS, TESTING & VACCINATION INFORMATION
Keep your child home and call their healthcare provider if your child gets sick.
If your child has symptoms of COVID-19:
- Keep your child home.
- Consider whether your child needs to see a healthcare provider and be tested for COVID-19. CDC recommends all people with symptoms of COVID-19, including children, get tested. CDC has a Coronavirus Self Checker available in its website, which may help you make decisions about seeking medical care for possible COVID-19.
- Protect yourself from COVID-19 while caring for your sick child by wearing a mask, washing your hands frequently, monitoring yourself for symptoms for COVID-19, and using other preventive measures.
- Notify your child’s school that your child is sick. Also inform the school if your child has had a COVID-19 test and what the result is, if available.
- Review your child’s school (or other childcare facility) policies related to when a child who has been sick can return.
- Bring your child back to school or other in-person activities only after they can safely be around others.
Missoula Testing Locations
Missoula Vaccination Sites
PARKS & RECREATION AFTER SCHOOL
This program is supported and ran through a partnership with MCPS, The Flagship Program, CSCT, and Missoula Parks and Recreation.
PROGRAM PHONE - (406) 830-0259
EMAIL CONTACT for last minute registration, early pick up, problems, questions and other general information: Tyler Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a 24 hour block on registering for programs - if you need to register last minute please reach out to Tyler at the above email.
Afterschool Program is from 2:10 - 5:30p.m. with pick up in the Cafeteria.
Below is the link for April and May afterschool sign ups. Note that you can also sign up for the Full Day Monday on May 17.
MARKET AT LOWELL
Please reach out to Libby Miller in the Family Resource Center, email@example.com, if you'd like to access food outside of these set hours.
MONTANA EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE
The Montana Emergency Rental Assistance program will provide rent and utility assistance to Montanans who have been financially impacted, directly or indirectly, by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Renters will be able to apply directly for rent and utility assistance, and landlords will be able to apply on behalf of renters with the renter’s co-signature and required documentation.
Renters will need to provide income documentation to verify program eligibility. To streamline the application review process, we recommend renters file their 2020 tax return now and have that document available to submit when the program opens for applications.
The program is still being developed, but you can begin preparing for your application using the information provided on this website https://housing.mt.gov/Rental-Housing/Montana-Emergency-Rental-Assistance-Program