HMS Bearcat Bulletin
A Note from Ms. Buschmann
Student of the Month
The character trait of the month for December was Empathy. Students were nominated based upon that trait- the ability to put themselves in another person's shoes. Students were asked to reflect on five statements:
1. I often think about other people's feelings.
2. I don't make fun of other people because I can imagine what it feels like to be in their shoes.
3. I listen to others about what they're going through.
4. I try to understand other people's point of view.
5. I am aware that not everyone reacts to situations the same way I do.
Developing empathy has been recognized as one of the most effective ways to combat bullying. It has also been cited as one of the five fundamental skills for future success and a factor in happiness as an adult. I encourage you to reflect on the above statements and discuss them with your child.
As you can see below, we had many students nominated which is a testament to our fantastic student body. Congratulations to all of the nominees and the four winners.
Congratulations Student of the Month Winners
7th Grade- Tavis
6th Grade- Quin
5th Grade- Tommy
School Board Appreciation Month
During the month of January, we take the time to thank the members of the Gasconade County R-1 School District for their time and discernment as well as their demonstration of volunteerism and public service.
A Few Photos from Around HMS this Month
Ongoing Fundraising Efforts
Please keep in mind a couple of easy ways to raise funds for HMS.
1. Boxtops for Education
2. Shutterfly- start your order at our storefront and 13% of each purchase will be sent to HMS.
Visit our Storefront: hermannmiddleschool.ShutterflyStorefront.com