CHS Weekly Announcements
For the Week of February 1, 2021
Senior Portraits / Cap & Gown Pictures
This certainly hasn’t been the Senior Year you’ve been looking forward to for the last 4 years, but there is one small light coming up on February 4th: Senior Portraits / Cap & Gown Pictures!
That’s right, we’re still having Senior Portraits on Thursday, February 4th from 3 – 7 pm by appointment only.
If you have not yet signed up for a time, please e-mail Ms. Vennera with your top 3 time preferences so she can get you in the schedule.
You can pre-order your pictures through the LifeTouch Website at MyLifeTouch.com using picture day ID: EVT877W3M (See attached flyer for details)
You have three options to choose from:
1. The school will provide a cap and gown for you to use for your picture. Caps and gowns will be sanitized between each use with an approved COVID disinfectant.
2. If you have an older sibling or friend who will let you borrow a cap and gown, you may wear your own for the picture.
3. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing the schools cap and gown, or just want a formal senior portrait, you are welcome to forgo the cap and gown and just have a formal picture taken in your favorite outfit.
Again, no one is required to attend this event, wear, or borrow a cap & gown, or participate in any activity that makes you uncomfortable, CHS is simply making an official portrait opportunity available to you.
How it will work:
· Seniors must sign up for an appointment through the Bookings link above.
· Seniors should arrive at the school and go to the back door of the Gold Gym at the corner of the building by the soccer fields at the time of their appointment.
· Masks must be worn at all times except while having your picture taken.
· Students will have their temperature taken. If a student has a temperature outside the acceptable range the Nurse will advise they not be admitted. And students who do not have all their vaccinations complete will not be allowed in the building.
· Student will proceed to the dressing area to prepare for picture then proceed to the photo booth.
· If a student has borrowed one of the school cap & gowns, after they have their picture taken they will return the cap and gown to the Nurse for treatment, and the student will leave the building. All other students will exit the building directly after having their picture taken.
· We understand that Seniors have not seen each other all year and might want to stay in the gym to socialize, but we cannot allow that. All students must remain physically distant and exit the building as soon as their picture has been taken.
Seniors: Please complete these forms now! (deadline is Friday)
Thanks for your nominations. The senior superlatives are ready for voting. You have until Feb. 5th to submit your vote!
The next link is for Senior Quotes. Everyone needs to fill out their senior quote. We would prefer you also have a photo to go with your quote, so please make sure you've signed up to take cap and gown photos. We will also accept professional senior portraits you may have had taken; those can be uploaded on this form.
Finally, Senior pages are due February 12th. If your parent orders a full-page, remind them not to purchase a yearbook, as that will come free with your full-page purchase.
You can order your yearbook and your senior pages here:
SIS - SISTERS INSPIRING SISTERS
The group is led by Dr. Yolanda Cargile who will provide opportunities for students to connect with adults, hear their journeys and discuss topics, including race, equity, gender and much more. The Center High School group will meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each Month from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
Tuesday, February 9 from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
Tuesday, March 9 from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
Tuesday, April 13 from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
To join please contact your building principal or Ms. Stephanie Archie at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require a parent permission slip, before you are able to join us.
Parent Permission Slip
Intra- and Inter-
Although they look similar, the prefix intra- means "within" (as in happening within a single thing), while the prefix inter- means "between" (as in happening between two things). For example, intranational refers to things that happen within a single country, while international refers to things happening between two or more countries.
Student Law Academy Opportunity
The deadline to apply is February 19, 2021. Use this link to learn more:
Buy your Yearbook now
This year has certainly been strange, but that doesn’t mean the yearbook staff isn’t hard at work making you one amazing book.
The deadline to personalize your book with your name or icons on the cover is January 29th!
The price will also rise form $35 to $40 after January 29th! So Visit yearbookforever.com search for Center High School and order your yearbook today!
Mobile Food Pantry next Friday (2/12/21)
Friday Center Community Mobile Pantry
The Center Education Foundation, in partnership with Harvesters and the Center School District is hosting a mobile food pantry. Once a month Harvesters will bring a semi-truck trailer full of fresh produce to the Center School District’s Warehouse at 8701 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, MO 64131. There is no cost, and the pantry is available for all in need.
Time and Dates: Every second Friday, vehicles may start lining up at 11:30 a.m.
Friday, February 12
Friday, March 12
Friday, April 9
Friday, May 14
Location: The Center School District’s Warehouse 8701 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, MO 64131
Enter through the Center School District Central Office at 8701 Holmes Rd. Proceed slowly through the bus parking lot.
Trivia for Sports Fans
Chicken Patty Challenge
Do you have what it takes to keep the tradition going? Do you have the voice of an angel waiting to honor the chicken patty? Can you arrange a vocal piece better than anyone from the past?
If so, record /film your performance and send it to Ms. Vennera at email@example.com to be included in the next edition of weekly announcements.