CVE Friday Flash Welcome Back!
August 18, 2023
Mr. Macken's Message
Dear Centerville Families,
We are excited to start the 2023-24 School Year. Please check out the Welcome Back video below for some important upcoming events.
Dates to Remember
- Aug 23: New Family Night 4-5 PM
- Aug 30: Open House (Parents & Students Details Below)
- Aug 31: 1st Grade PIN-5-5:30 PM
- Aug 31: Kindergarten PIN 5:30-6:30 PM
- Sept 5: 1st - 5th Grades First Day of School
- Sept 5: Kindergarten Open House / Meet your Teacher (Parents & Students) 11 AM - 1 PM
- Sept 6: Kindergarten First Day of School
- Sept 6: 3rd Grade PIN 5:30-630 PM
- Sept 11: 4th Grade PIN 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Sept 12: 2nd Grade PIN 5:30 -6:30 PM
- Sept 14: 5th Grade PIN 6:00 - 6:30 PM
- Sept 19: CPTA Meeting
- Sept 22: Picture Day
The 2023-24 Centerville Elementary Calendar is located on our school’s website at https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the Parent Hub. Here you will also find the 2023-2024 District Student Calendar and the 2023-2024 Elementary Student Letter Day Calendar.
Parents/Guardians can view their child's placement starting Friday, August 18th at 7am am through Campus Parent Portal on our district's website. See below for instructions.
- Select "Campus Parent."
- Log in using your username and password.
- As a reminder, usernames remain the same each year and is the email you have on file.
- Parents of new students should have received an email (Subject: Centennial School District Campus Portal Account) with your campus portal login and temporary password information.
- If you need assistance, call the Centerville Elementary office at (763-792-5800).
- Select your student.
- Click "Documents" to view your student's schedule.
Open House / Meet Your Teacher
- Come and tour the school, drop off supplies, and meet your teacher!
- Our open house event is broken out by last name to allow easier access to teachers and parking. Blended families unable to attend the assigned time slots can attend either session.
4 PM - 5 PM (A-L)
5 PM - 6 PM (M-Z)
Ice Cream will also be provided by our wonderful Centerville Parent Teacher Association (CPTA)!
Parent Pick Up Form
Families that participate in after-school pick up or pick up their student(s)after school regularly, please complete the following Google Form for each child: Parent Pick Up Form
Please complete it at your earliest convenience. Car signs will be provided at Open House for families that complete the form by Tuesday, August 29th.
2023-24 School Supplies
- Lists can be found on the parent hub on our website at https://centerville.isd12.org/.
- Students can bring their school supplies with them to school on August 30th, during the Open House / Ice Cream Social event or on their first day of school.
School Supply Kits:
- Parents who ordered a supply kit before July 9th will be on your student's desk for Open House on August 30th.
- Parents who ordered a supply kit after July 9th had kits mailed to their homes.
We understand finances can be a problem from time to time for families. If we can be of help to your family now or at any time during the school year, please contact the office at 763-792-5800.
It is amazing how well the first days of busing go considering the initial confusion of new students, unfamiliar bus stops, and in some cases new drivers. You may find routes somewhat delayed (5-10 minutes) at first.
ALL families will be mailed a bus card with the route number, animal, bus stop, and time for pick up and drop off.
● Students should arrive 5 minutes before the actual pick-up time.
● If you have not received a card by Monday, August 28, please call transportation at 612-789-5143.
● Transportation information can also be found on Parent Portal under the “More” tab by Friday, August 25.
● Contact transportation immediately if transportation is not needed or there is a change in pick-up or drop-off locations.
** For the safety of our students, only those who can access the paths behind the school are allowed to walk or ride bikes. Inline skates, heelys, and skateboards are not allowed. **
A student’s first breakfast and lunch will be free for all students in the 2023-24 school year. Additional meals or ala carte items will have the following costs associated with them:
- 1st Lunch (Free)
- 2nd Lunch ($2.25)
- 2nd Breakfast Entree Only ($1.25)
- 1st Lunch (Free)
- 2nd Lunch ($4.95)
- 2nd Lunch Entree Only ($2.75)
- Only Milk or Additional Milk ($.60)
Payment for incremental food service items will be electronic transactions only using a bank or credit card in the parent portal.
● Log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal here or use the App.
● Food Service information is on the homepage.
● Select the student you wish to add money to their account.
● Select “Pay” to add to your cart and complete the payment transaction online.
If your family needs assistance, there is a link to the Applications for Educational Benefits in Parent Portal under the “More” and “Meal Benefits” section. The menu can be found by downloading the LINQ Connect app and choosing Centennial Schools or online on our website under the Parent Hub at https://centerville.isd12.org/.
Centerville Parent Teacher Association
The Centerville Parent Teacher Association (CPTA) is a great way to be engaged with your child’s school and meet other families.
Check out the CPTA Website for more information.
Birthday Treat Policy
As a school, we want to continue recognizing our students’ special days while being sensitive to our wellness, student health, and financial considerations. With that in mind, we have moved away from edible treats for birthdays. Students and teachers will have the option to collaborate and choose an appropriate celebration option for each child.
Website Navigation Reminders
The Main Navigation button is the three stacked horizontal lines. Clicking on this will show you all your options for navigating the site. This will be consistent whether you’re on a desktop or mobile device so your navigation experience will be seamless. Selecting Schools next to the navigation button enables you to get to your student’s school or program quickly.
Are you looking for information such as the calendar, attendance form, or school lunch menu? Select the Parent Hub on your student’s school site for a one-stop shop for all of your go-to needs.
Emergency and Contact Information Update
Families are required to annually review and update emergency and contact information. The information is now available in your campus portal for review. Communication from the district will be sent shortly. Click HERE for more information and directions for updating your information.
Thank you in advance for promptly reviewing and updating this information.
Minnesota law requires children enrolled in childcare, early childhood education, or school to be immunized against certain diseases, unless the child is medically or non-medically exempt.
If proper documentation is not provided, students will be unable to attend school after November 1st, 2023. What you need to do:
- Contact your health care provider and review your child’s immunization status to make sure they are up to date.
- If you missed a required vaccination, make an appointment with a healthcare provider or local clinic as soon as possible.
- Follow up with your students’ school if they have reached out to you regarding your students’ immunization status.
- Turn in medical (must be signed by a health care provider) and non-medical (must be notarized) exemption forms to your child’s school if they are exempt from immunizations.
Visit the MDH website for vaccine schedules, exemption forms and more information including where to get free/low cost immunizations today. Please reach out to your students’ school for any questions.
The district has created a uniform Elementary Handbook with policies and procedures which can be found on Centerville's website https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the parent hub/parent tools. You may also request a hard copy through the office or your child’s classroom teacher.