Turner Ashby High School Library
TAHS Library Mission Statement
"To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. The School library media specialist empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information." (AASL, 2009)
Search the Destiny catalog!
The beauty of libraries is that they are all about choice!
Massanutten Regional Library links and information
Link to SAC page Use this number plus your student ID number when a login is required.
7002110_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Students can call (540-434-4475 x 122) or email the Reference Desk(firstname.lastname@example.org)for a Limited Access card that will be good through the end of January. This will allow you to use additional online resources. You will need to submit the following information: name, address, phone number, email, date of birth, school name and grade level.
The public library will email you the card number.
If you want a regular MRL card, you must go to any branch with a parent.
Library Research Links
As a service to our students, faculty, staff, and community, we have created this page to help with research and with reference questions. We hope you will find these links useful.
- Ms. Weaver's research and documentation presentations and handouts
- Gale Databases to Google Drive Student's Tip Sheet
- Gale Databases to Google Drive Teacher's Tip Sheet
- Massanutten Regional Library Student Access Cards (MRL SAC)
- Ten Non-Partisan Fact-Checking Websites
- Video on evaluating sources from Library of Virginia
- Web vs. Library Databases - Yale University comparison
- Critical Evaluation of Websites (High School Level) - Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything - Critical Evaluation of Information
- University of California at Berkeley Library Evaluation Guide (Downloadable .pdf version)
- Discovery Education – Database provides ten of thousands of video clips, as well as thousands of images for use in class and as part of multimedia presentations. Also includes teacher resources.(Login with Google)
- World Book Encyclopedia
- Gale Databases - Virginia Schools: Infopowering the Commonwealth through the Library of Virginia (Click on this link to go to RCPS Gale Databases access page. Click on Turner Ashby. From home, you will need a password. See a librarian for the password. You can also access Gale Databases through FindItVA.)
- FindItVA – Find It Virginia is provided through the Library of Virginia. To access the service from school or from home, you will need a public library card.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Virginia
- Internet Public Library (ipl2)
Library Reading Links
Ms. Weaver's Pinterest Page - Find Teen Books
Rockingham Reads - Book blog by Rockingham County Public Schools staff and students
National Book Award for Young People's Literature Archives
Virginia Reader's Choice
ALA/YALSA Annual Award-Winning Books and Media