Ms. Steere's Classroom
- Please send in your treat-filled eggs for our Kindergarten Egg Hunt by Monday.
- WEDNESDAY IS SPRING PICTURE DAY! We will be taking our class picture, as well as individual pictures.
- Come represent our class Tuesday evening for Taco Tuesday and Family Game Night! The class to have the most students show up wins a popcorn party!
- We will be visiting the Children's Museum of Richmond on April 21st for our spring field trip. Please keep an eye out in Tuesday's Fox Folder for the permission slip and more information.
- I have set up accounts for SplashMath; an online site where students can practice math skills at school and at home. Be on the look out for log-in information coming home in Fox Folders.
- Friday is Mrs. Bobbio's last day "teaching" in our room. She will come back the week after spring break, but will be in and out observing in other classrooms. We will miss her!!
- March 22nd - Taco Tuesday & Family Game Night
- March 23rd - PICTURE DAY!
- March 25th, morning - Career Day!
- March 25th, afternoon - Kindergarten Egg Hunt!
- March 25th - Report Cards Sent Home
- March 28 - April 1 - NO SCHOOL, SPRING BREAK
- April 21st - Muffins with Mom
- April 21st - Field Trip to the Children's Museum of Richmond
- April 21st, 5:30pm - PTA Meeting
- April 23rd - Spring Fundraiser/5k
- May 23rd - Field Day/ STEM Day
- Mary 24th - K-2 End of Year Award Ceremonies
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- describe and identify triangles, squares, rectangles, and circles based on their characteristics. (Math SOL: K.11)
- identify and locate features on maps and globes. (History SOL: K.4a-c)
- use maps and globes to show the location of places referenced in stories and real-life situations. (History SOL: K.4a-c)
- understand that maps and globes show the position of objects, in smaller size, from above. (History SOL: K.5a-c)
This Month's Birthdays
March 10- Wesley
March 23- Zachary