LEAD Innovation Studio
News and Information for LEAD Families, 7/29/22
A Message from Dr. Early
Share Your First Day of School Photos!
The first day of school is August 22, and we are excited to celebrate a new start to the school year! We’d love to see your first-day-of-school photos so that we can add them to our district Facebook album. Feel free to print our sign by clicking here, fill it out, snap a photo of your student(s) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your child’s name(s) and school in the email.
Thank you for sharing your first day memories with us! #ParkHillProud
Breakfast for Teachers on August 11th
Meal Prices 2022-2023
The USDA ended the nationwide free meals that were available for all students at the conclusion of the 2021-2022 school year. This means that meals will be charged at full price for the 2022-2023 school year unless your family has been approved for the free and reduced meal program.
These are the prices for the 2022-2023 school year:
- · Elementary breakfast: $1.50
- · Secondary breakfast: $1.75
- · Secondary premium breakfast: $1.90
- · Elementary lunch: $2.70
- · Secondary lunch: $3.10
- · Secondary premium lunch: $3.50
- · Adult lunch: $4.00
- · Ala carte milk: $.70 To add money to your child’s meal account, please visit our nutrition services webpage.
Families who think they might qualify for free and reduced meals should apply for these benefits. If your child is eligible for free and reduced meal benefits and you apply, you can also receive additional benefits like fee waivers, activity scholarships, free screenings, school supplies and more. Eligible families will need to reapply to receive the meal benefits for the 2022-2023 school year. We encourage families to apply online through the SchoolCafe platform.
For more information about reduced meals, click here.
Health Services and Covid 19
Park Hill School District continues to work closely with our community public health partners as we prepare for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please review these reminders as we prepare for back-to-school:
1. The CDC continues to recommend masks in our schools, facilities and buses when community levels are high, but they will not be mandated at this time.
2. The district will no longer have a COVID-19 dashboard.
3. For up-to-date information about our community’s case numbers, the following dashboards are available:
- MARC KC Region COVID-19 Data Hub
- Missouri Weekly COVID-19 Activity Report
- MHA Regional COVID-19 Dashboard
- Platte County Health Department COVID-19 Dashboard
4. Park Hill will not notify parents about every COVID-19 case in a school building.
5. If we have a classroom with three or more cases identified at the same time (during the same incubation period), we will send home a Classroom Condition Alert to the parents of students in that classroom only.
6. Park Hill nurses will continue to notify the Kansas City Health Department when we receive notice of a student who tests positive for COVID-19. The Kansas City Health Department will investigate positive cases as appropriate.
7. Staff, students and families should follow the current CDC guidelines for isolation if you test positive for COVID-19.
8. Please visit our website for more information about our Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan.
ONLINE VERIFICATION AND RESIDENCY
All returning families in the Park Hill School District must prove residency annually. Using our quick and easy online application system, parents of returning students will verify their students' demographic, health, emergency contact and residency information for the 2021--2022 school year.
Visit the residency information link below Online Verification and Residency
Visit your campus parent portal at
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- August 4 - LEAD VIRTUAL REGISTRATION
- August 12 - Freshman Orientation 8-11 am
- August 16 - LEAD Back-to-School Kickoff: 2:00-5:00 (pictures for grades 9-11 will be taken at this time)
- August 22 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
- September 5 - Labor Day (no school)
- September 6 - LEAD Parent Night 6-8pm
JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you or someone you know looking for a well-paying job that allows you to make a difference for students? If so, join our team of dedicated Park Hill School District staff members. We have full-time and part-time support staff positions open, including nutrition services, childcare, teacher assistants and substitute teacher positions.
We recently increased the pay for these positions to . . .
- Lunchroom and playground supervisor: $15.29
- Adventure Club associate teacher: $15.29 plus a $1-an-hour bonus, paid twice a year
- Nutrition services assistant: $15.90 plus a $1-an-hour bonus, paid twice a year
- Teacher assistant: $16.54
- Adventure Club site manager: $17.20 plus a $1-an-hour bonus, paid twice a year
- Specialized teacher assistant: $17.89
- Custodian: $18.61
If you know of someone who would make a great addition to our Park Hill School District family, please let them know about these opportunities.