Honors College E-News
January 19th, 2015
_____________Gulf Park Edition_____________
HAPPY NEW SEMESTER!
♦♦♦♦♦ SPOTLIGHT ♦♦♦♦♦
The Honors College Gives Back!
Well done, everyone!
Congratulations to Kati Perry!
2015 Alumna Katherine Perry has been named a Semi-Finalist for a 2016-2017 Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship to Spain. Kati will learn later this spring whether she has been selected.
- Director Robyn Curtis, Office of Nationally Competitive Awards.
♦♦♦♦♦ ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES ♦♦♦♦♦
Undergraduate Symposium on Research and Creative Activity
♦♦♦♦♦ INTERESTED IN STUDY ABROAD? ♦♦♦♦♦
♦♦♦♦♦ SUMMER RESEARCH EXPERIENCES ♦♦♦♦♦
2016 Summer REU at Alabama
Students with strong backgrounds in Chemistry are invited to apply for the 2016 Research Experiences for Undergraduates Program at The University of Alabama sponsored by NSF. The ten-week program will begin May 30, 2016. Participants will be paid a $5,150 stipend, and provided housing in on-campus apartments. Deadline: February 28, 2016
2016 Summer REU at Tennessee-Knoxville
Deadline: February 1, 2016
2016 Summer URP at Kansas
♦♦♦♦♦ SERVICES FOR STUDENTS ♦♦♦♦♦
- HC Coast Coordinator - Dr. Westley (Lee) Follett
- Barnes and Nobles - (228) 214-3479
- Beach View Cafe - (228) 214-5418
- Career Services - (228) 865-4565
- Fitness Center - (228) 214-3256
- Health Center - (228) 214-3300
- Learning Commons - (228) 214-3411
- Office of Disability Accommodations - (228) 214-3232
- University Police - (601) 266-4986
♦♦♦♦♦ WE THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW ♦♦♦♦♦
Mardi Gras 2016
We hope you have a purrrfectly fun 2016 Mardi Gras season!