Creek Band - 11/2/20 to 11/8/20
Weekly Newsletter of the Clear Creek High School Band
Weekly Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Monday, November 2nd - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, November 3rd - NO REHEARSAL
- Thursday, November 5th - 3:45pm to 7:15pm
As a reminder, all students are expected to attend all rehearsals. You must communicate about any absences, planned or unplanned, by emailing Mr. Fincher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Meal Fee for Contests - Due This Week
All students should bring $50 in cash, check or money order payable to the Clear Creek HS Band Boosters and deposit in the band hall safe this week.
If you would rather pay with a credit or debit card, please email email@example.com for a digital invoice.
All students will be fed at our upcoming contests.
- Students will be fed a total of four meals and two healthy snacks.
- All students will be fed and extensive safety protocols will be in place to ensure that all precautions are taken.
Normally, we would have collected a meal fee at the beginning of the year. However this year these are the only meals (at this point) that we will collect fees for.
Announcements, Events, and Information
Formal Uniforms This Week!
- Please make sure that if you haven't been fitted yet, you communicate immediately with Mr. Morales so we can take care of you.
- Make sure that the uniform has been carefully washed using the instructions in the BAND app.
- Make sure you have appropriate undergarments for the uniform: shorts that are as thin as possible and a lightweight t-shirt (the show shirt would work fine.)
- You will need to bring the uniform, shako, long black socks, and marching shoes with you to school on Friday.
Booster Club Meeting & Special Performance
Monday, Nov. 2nd, 7:30pm
2305 East Main Street
League City, TX
Following the brief discussion, you will be treated to a special performance in Veteran's Memorial just for you!
NOTE - To watch the performance:
- Masks will be required of all spectators at all times.
- Social distancing and sitting in clearly marked approved areas within the stadium will be enforced.
- We will be spreading everyone out as much as possible in the stands. This will be a small group, so it won't be difficult and you will get a great view of your students!
For the health and safety of all students and spectators, anyone who will not adhere to these two requirements will be asked to leave.
Transportation Form for Clear Lake Game and Gulf Coast Contest
Students who do not complete this form by 2:40pm on Wednesday, 11/4 will not be permitted to attend or participate in the game or contest this week.
Football vs. Clear Lake
Friday, Nov. 6th, 3-11:30pm
1955 West Nasa Boulevard
We will wear formal uniforms this week! Detailed instructions regarding uniforms will be shared via the BAND app.
We will need parent volunteers...stay tuned to the BAND app for information on how to volunteer and have fun!
Purchasing Tickets for Football Games - Purchase Home Side This Week!
All band parents/families are included in the first group of spectators that can purchase tickets to each game.
You must pre-purchase tickets. No tickets will be available on site. All band volunteers must purchase a ticket this year.
On each Monday before a game, the link for tickets will be activated at 9:00am.
- Go to www.gofan.co and search for Clear Creek HS (make sure you select the one with the Wildcat mascot.)
- Select up to 4 tickets.
Your student's ID is no longer necessary.
Do you have a business that wants to sponsor the hard working students of the Creek Band program?
Please consider being a sponsor of the Clear Creek Band!
Do you frequent a business that would be a great sponsor?
Sponsors will be recognized on the Creek Band trailers as well as at all marching band performances, concert programs, weekly newsletters, and social media releases.
Football vs. Clear Springs
Creek Band Hour-a-Thon on Halloween
- Thursday, November 12th - Football vs. Clear Falls - Challenger Columbia - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, November 17th - UIL Marching Contest - Challenger Columbia - All Day
- Saturday, December 5th - Area Marching Contest - Challenger Columbia - All Day
- Tuesday, December 8th - Holiday Concert - Clear Creek HS - 7:00pm