October 28, 2016
- 31st - Fall Fundraiser Deadline
- 11/1 - Faculty Meeting - there are no late buses
- 11/2 - Midfest/Orchestra - Hall High School - 8:15am to 1:15pm
- 11/3 - High School Options Fair for 8th grade students - 9 to 10am
- 11/3 - PTO Meeting - 7pm
- 11/5 - Cross Country to Wickham Park - 8:15am to 2pm
- 11/8 - Election Day - NO SCHOOL
- 11/9 - Midrest/Choir - Conard High School - 8:15am to 1:15pm
- 11/10 - Picture Re-Take Day
- 11/11 - Veteran's Day & 7th/8th Grade Dance to Support Allison
This Bulletin provides students, parents/caregivers, and staff members with important happenings. There is information about a number of school activities.
Check out the new Intramural Offerings
Community of Concern KP Representative Needed
The West Hartford Community of Concern meeting is on Monday, November 14th at 1pm at Conard High School. They currently have representatives from the other two middle schools and need a KP representatives. If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com
Find out more about the Community of Concern here
Last Call for the KP Caregiver Fall Book Read- RESPOND by Nov. 1st
KP Parents and Caregivers,
We are hosting a fall read on the Dr. Michele Borba's book Unselfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World. If you are interested, please click here to sign up and identify the best format to discuss the book.
Links to additional information
KP Library/Media Center News
ALLISONS JOURNEY: STAND UP TO CANCER 5k Fun Run/Walk -11/12
Local businesses and residents of West Hartford have joined together to host a fundraising fun run/walk on Saturday, Nov 12th at 11am at King Phillip Middle School for Allison.
Join the friends of Allison Terrones for a non-competitive, family friendly 5k Run/Walk that will wind around the campus of King Phillip Middle School. Registration is $30 online https://www.signmeup.com/117365. Register by Oct. 31st & receive a t-shirt.
Additional Ways to Help the Terrones Family
- You can provide a meal by clicking on the link: https://mealtrain.com/dl4n9l
- Support the 7th and 8th grade dance on Friday, November 11th here at KP from 6:30 - 8:30pm. Consider donating your time to chaperone the dance, baking goodies to sell at the dance, or donating paper products. If you are willing to help, please contact Margie Scobbo at Margarita_Scobbo@whps.org
- I am also including a Go Fund Me effort (click here) started to support a medical fund for Allison's medical treatment.
Student Opportunities/After School Information
Check out the new intramural offerings. 8th Grade PLAE on Thursdays, Basketball, Volleyball, Knitting Club and a 2nd day of 7th grade PLAE
KP Counselor's Corner: Focus on the High School Options Fair
Looking for Ways for your child to volunteer? Click Below
After School Club Listings - -click below
This calendar hosts all of our after school activities, including Intramurals.
if you want inspiring stories about the kindness of youth, click below.
Bridge Family Center Newsletter
War-Chiefs Sports Council
My name is Dennis Swanton, I am the Co-President from Conard and Paul McConnell is the Co-President from Hall of the War-Chiefs Sports Council. The War-Chiefs is a Booster Club for both Conard and Hall High Schools. On November 12th at Town Hall the 4th annual Tailgate Party is our largest party of the year. Click on the link for more information: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8VH2Eh7ZcftT3ZXekV1UHRaLUFrcFNiLVU2eUlOaWYydGhr
KP is collecting box tops! Have your child check with their team leader for the location of their team's collection box. Here is a link to frequently asked questions.