Academic and Career Plan (ACP)
PWCS -OSS "Preparing All Students to Achieve Success"
Your student will be creating an Academic and Career Plan. The goal is to help middle school students begin to think about the future by considering their interest and abilities as they relate to the world of work. They will select a potential career cluster and career pathway as part of this process. Students will create their plan with the help of his/her middle school counselor. Plans will be updated again in high school.
Parents are encouraged to click on the link to access the plan and to review what your student has completed. Instructions are in the tutorial and parent letter.
- 7C.1: Critique how career selection is influenced by abilities, interests, and skills.
- 7C.2: Use technology and other available resources for researching career/education training opportunities.
- 7C.3: Explore tentative career goals.
- B-LS 7. Identify long- and short-term academic, career and social/ emotional goals.
- B-SMS 5. Demonstrate perseverance to achieve long- and short-term goals
- B-LS 4. Apply self-motivation and self-direction to learning
- MA1. Understand the relationship of personal abilities, goals, skills, interests, and motivation to academic achievement
- MA3. Understand the importance of high school course and/or program selection in relation to future academic and career options
- MA6. Demonstrate the skills needed to develop a high school educational plan based on ability, interest, and achievement, and 4
- MA7. Demonstrate responsibility for actions to ensure a successful transition from middle school to high school