Panda PAWS 1.5
September 13-17, 2021
Important Events for the Week:
- Model PLC Mondays: Jeans for Staff
- Teachers: Self-Reflection & Goal Setting Forms due in Edugence
- Walk throughs start in classrooms
- Crisis Team Round table-cafe
- Dot Day: Students & Staff can wear dots w/jeans! (Well-deserved Wednesday)
- 3:30 Staff Meeting in cafe-IA's can stay for first 20 minutes for Comp Time for Row Boat Awards!
- 3:50-4:30 Collaboration time for PK 4 & PK 3 Teachers: ECSE Training in cafe
- 8:00-11:00 PK 4 PD w/Cassandra Erkens in CAFE
- 12:30-3:30 PK 3 PD w/Cassandra Erkens in CAFE
- Spirit Day: Jeans & Pierce shirts for students & Staff
- #EPED Prizes go home to celebrate a great week of learning!
- All Staff: Civil Rights Training Due (details in Pierce Outlook calendar)
CT Schedule for next week:
Update from Donna Calhoun:
I wanted to share a great tool with you for making language visible:
The AWESOME card can help students understand the connection between behaviors and other’s thoughts and feelings.
It’s available here to download.
From Jennifer Dickson:
To our Staff: I'm so proud of the intentional ways we are pouring into our students each and everyday!
It was great to have our Academic Specialist: Ashley Boysen on campus this week! We are happy to have you join Team Panda!
Thank you to EVERYONE for a safe and speedy Lockdown Drill! Thank you for keeping kids calm and safe. I know it's unfair that these drills have to be done, so I appreciate your support!
From Jackie Long:
I'd like to shout out Tracy and the whole front office crew for welcoming us EVERY morning with a smile! 😊
I really appreciate it, because it always helps me start my day off positive!
From Ashley Boysen:
Guiding Coalition - Your presentations at the meeting Wednesday were crazy impressive! Excellent job!
From Jackie Knutson:
Larissa for always sharing her great ideas with her team!
Yumeeka for her awesome ideas and words in our collaborative meetings.
Luna for always coming to visit our class and being a wonderful person.
Ms. Molina & Mrs. Pence for always being collaborative with ECSE when we need some GE advice.
Ms. McKimmey for being a great resource and helping me when I need advice.
To all the SPED IAs for stepping it up each day.
PS to Brooke- I love your brain!!!
Soila I love your mad DJ and data entry skills!!!
From Karen Nichols:
Shout out to Stella Luna for always sharing her breads when I see her while heating up my lunch. Always a tasty addition to my meal!
Shout out to Ashley Pence for capturing and sharing with me the beauty of the rainy sky the other day! Rainy day pals are the best!
Shout out to all the Panda staff for always working together, lending a hand and sharing smiles. Always grateful for have such great coworkers.
From Yumeeka Jenkins:
I would like to shout out Ms. Dickson and Mrs. Gonzales for agreeing to be my field supervisors for my practicum.
I would like to shout out Ms. Olea for being a trooper during this short week with some challenging situations.
I would like to shout out Ms. Luna for all the prints outs especially those I would send in the middle of the night, and she would have on my desk the next morning.
I would like to shout out my ECSE 3/4 team (Mckimmey, Knutson, Pierce, Wehr, and all the instructional assistants) for just rocking!