Carver Middle School Newsletter
February 3, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
My first week as the leader of Carver Middle School was fantastic! I have several events scheduled this month to meet with the parents and stakeholders of the Carver community. As your Principal I intend to focus on two top priorities for our children- safety and success. By establishing a nurturing, student focused environment, our faculty and staff will achieve high academic standards for all students. I envision the Carver Middle School experience as one whereby students will be eager to attend because of challenging yet rewarding classroom instruction led by teachers who make learning fun. I am a champion of life-long learning and I cherish the opportunity to lead the students, staff and faculty while uniting with parents, community and district stakeholders for the benefit of our children.
Please contact me if you are interested in providing support to our learning community.
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or creat an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.
- Carver mornings are postponed until further notice.
February 7 - Rising 6th grade Open House/Electives Fair 6:00 pm
February 8 - Report Card Distribution
February 8 - PTA Dance 2:30-4:30 pm (Tickets sold during lunches with signed permission slips)
February 12- CTE Open House at L.C. Bird High School 6:00 -7:30 pm
February 13 - Principal's Meet and Greet 5:30-7:00 pm in school library (*This is a change)
February 15 - Three Hour Student Early Release
February 18 - President's Day- No School
February 19 - Principal's Meet & Greet 5:30-6:00; PTA Meeting 6:15. Both events in the library.
February 25 - Spring School Photos
- Core Values Assembly-Tuesday, February 5. Please use the sign up genius link if you are able to assist with the assembly. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4BAEAD2FA31-core8
- 8th grade students are encouraged to attend the CTE Open House at LC Bird High School on February 12, 2019. https://sites.google.com/ccpsnet.net/lcbirdcte
- The lost and found cabinet in the cafeteria is scheduled to be emptied on Friday, February 8, 2019.
Carver Cougar Athletics- Spring Sports Update
- Any girls or boys interested in participating in track, tryouts will be held on February 19th after school till 4:00pm. All those interested must have a doctor signed VHSL physical and concussion form on file. See Ms. Daniels or Mr. Dugger for more information. Interest meetings are forthcoming.
- Girls soccer tryouts will be held on February 19th. All those interested must have a doctor signed VHSL physical and concussion form on file. See Ms. Wells, Ms. Hinton, or Ms. Green for more information. Interest meetings are forthcoming.
Carver Middle School Orchestra Students
It was a pleasure to receive a personal serenade from our Carver Orchestra Students.
Carver Middle School Dance Practice
The Carver Middle School Dance team's rendention of "Pretty Young Thing" would make the King of Pop proud!