5th Grade Newsletter
April 12, 2018
IMPORTANT UPCOMING 5th GRADE DATES! - Mark your Calendar
May 18 - 5th Grade Field Day 9:30-1@Lebanon Trail
May 30 - 5th Grade Award's Assembly 8:00 in the Cafe
May 31 - 5th grade party at Strikz
Science - Metamorphosis and Concept Review
Reading/Writing - Research Project
Social Studies - World War II
Grammar - Parts of Speech Review
5th Grade Play - Wizard of Oz
All Smith families are invited so watch the 5th Grade Drama Club presentation of The Wizard of Oz! Come see a twister start Dorothy and Toto on an adventure to the Emerald City. You’ll meet quirky munchkins, grumpy trees, Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Lion! Will the Wicked Witch and her flying monkeys catch Dorothy and her new friends? Come find out on Thursday, May 3rd at 6:30pm in the Smith Café.
Spring is here! - Dress Code Reminders
As the weather gets warmer and we pull out all the spring clothes, please take a few minutes to remind your child about the dress code expectations!
- Sleeveless tops with a minimum width of two-inch wide straps are acceptable. The shirt straps must be wide enough to cover undergarments.
- See-through, bare midriff, halter type, shoulder-baring, spaghetti strap blouses or any revealing or low-cut clothing is not permitted.
- Shirt hems should extend well below the waist of pants/shorts/skirts in a sitting or standing position.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts must extend to or below the students’ fingertips when their arms are held to their sides.
- Tights, leggings, jeggings, and other form-fitting pants must be worn with shirts, skirts, or shorts that extend to fingertip length.
- Shirts with sleeves must be worn at all times.
- Shorts that extend to or below the students’ fingertips when their arms are held to their sides are acceptable
Please make sure your child is following the district guidelines from the Student Handbook!
April 16-20: Spring Book Fair
April 19: Reflections Night/PTA Meeting/Book Fair
April 23- No School-Staff Development
April 23-May 4th-Canned Food Drive
April 26: Open House
May 3: 5th Grade Drama Club Production of Wizard of Oz
Progress Reports Go home
May 7-11: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 16: Science STAAR testing on campus. Please no visitors to campus.
May 25th-No School
May 28-No School