LMS Counseling News - Staff Edition
December 2014/January 2015
Getting Ready for the Spring Semester Before Winter Break
Here are some tips for making the most out of your Winter Break and creating a fresh start in January:
· Reset your classroom management and/or seating. Determine which strategies are working well for you now and plan to reteach these after break. Keep in mind what seating arrangements have been productive. In addition, make a mental note of what strategies, seating, grouping, etc that need a change. January is always a great time for change! Make plans to do this.
· Refresh your classroom. Look around your room and decide what needs to go…..plants, critters, dirt or any mess. Tidy up with a fresh display to come back to in January!
· ENJOY! Your personal health and well-being are essential to your effectiveness as a teacher. Take good care of yourself. Enjoy those moments you have with loved ones.
Keep Your Holidays Stress Free!
Families want their holidays to be happy for everyone, but this season can sometimes be a time of chaos and stress for kids and parents. It is important to remember that both children and parents need time to relax. Here are some ways to reduce stress during the holidays:
1. Remember routines. When a routine is broken, stress can result.
2. Say "No". You don't have to accept every invitation to parties and events. Prioritize and reduce.
3. Nutrition. Have you ever noticed the lines at fast food restaurants during the holiday season? The lines are longer because people are too busy to cook and eat at home. Take the time to talk and enjoy time with your family over a table of nutritious food.
4. Rest and relaxation. Everyone needs to take a "time out" to rest and relax. Be sure to schedule this into your holiday schedule.
5. Laugh. Lighten the mood with funny movies or fun activities for the entire family.