Week of April 25, 2022
We will continue MAP growth assessments. We have seen great results so far. Students have been excited about their progress.
Mrs. K's Counseling Corner
Week of April 25, 2022
"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Our "Essential 36" manner of the week: “Include others.”
Mrs. Jost’s kindergarten class amazed us with the announcements last week! This week, Mrs. Range’s kindergarten class will assist.
For fun family activities around the area, click on this week’s edition of Kids Out and About. You can also sign up for their weekly newsletter.
The first concert of the Hot Sounds of Summer series is Friday, May 27 beginning at 7:30 pm at the Mayor Vera Calvin Plaza in Old Town Burleson. Each concert is free, so bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, and picnic, or eat at one of the nearby local restaurants. Be sure and click on the link to see the lineup of bands!
The family fun calendar for April is here! This month’s calendar features: science experiments, a link to a spring virtual field trip, recipes, arts and crafts, and lots more!
“Backpack Buddies”: The “Pac-Min” program, sponsored by the First Methodist Church of Burleson, delivers bags of snacks each Wednesday for our students who may need a little extra over the weekends. The bags typically contain Ramen noodles, fruit cups, canned soup, fruit snacks and cereal bowls. Mrs. K. passes the bags out each Thursday and the kids take them home in their backpacks. Please contact Mrs. K. if you have questions or would like additional information.
Let's Talk About It is a unique opportunity to build parenting skills and see how oral health, overall health and well-being are linked for growing healthy kids. FREE!
“Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.”
The BISD Counselors have created a community resource list, so if your family is in need of assistance (economic, family support, crisis/emergency, health/wellness, or mental health), please contact Mrs. K. at 817-245-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All information is kept confidential.
*****As always, Mrs. Kirkpatrick is here to serve you and your children! Stay well!*****
Kindergarten Registration 2022-2023
Burleson ISD kindergarten registration begins April 18, 2022.
If your child will be five years old on or before September 1, 2022, it’s time to register for kindergarten!
How to Register:
- Complete online registration at SKYWARD NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT. If you currently have a student enrolled in the district, you can log into SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS using your current Skyward username and password and select the New Student Registration tab.
- Once you complete the online enrollment packet, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment for the campus registrar to contact you to complete the process.
- Brock will host a Kinder Camp on June 1 and 2. Once you have completed enrollment, you will receive the information to register your child for Kinder Camp.
**The following documents will need to be electronically uploaded during the enrollment process:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Social security card (optional)
- Current immunization records
- Proof of residency: Current electric or water bill AND a lease agreement or tax statement with current address
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license or picture ID
Pre K Registration 2022-2023
Burleson ISD pre-kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open.
Parents, register your student online or attend in-person registration on June 7 or July 26.
Parents who prefer to register in person may schedule an appointment for the following dates*:
- June 7 from 9:00am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-6:00pm
- July 26 from 9:00am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-6:00pm
*More details for scheduling an appointment will be updated soon.
Children entering pre-kindergarten must be at least four years old on or before September 1, 2022, AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Child has Limited English Proficiency – Language test will take place to determine language proficiency
- Child is economically disadvantaged – Based on a sliding scale of annual income per household member (proof of household income for past 2 months required or a copy of current food stamp letter)
- Child is Homeless – As determined by BISD’s Student Residency Questionnaire
- Child of an active duty, injured or deceased member of the US military – DOD/VA documentation required
- Child who is in or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services – CPS/court documentation required
- Child of a Star of Texas Awarded parent
Application and Registration:
How to apply:
- Complete an online pre-kindergarten application at BURLESONISD.SCHOOLMINT.NET. Once you complete the application, a BISD representative will contact you to assist with the qualification process.
- Once you qualify, you will then complete the enrollment packet at SKYWARD NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT. If you currently have a student enrolled in the district, you can log into SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS using your current Skyward username and password and select the New Student Registration tab.
- Upon completion of the online enrollment packet, you will complete the registration process with your child’s campus.
Brock Upcoming Events
Monday, April 18th- Kindergarten Registration Opens for 2022-2023 incoming kindergarten students
BISD Pre K registration opens for 2022-2023 incoming pre k students
MAP ***TESTING WINDOW (Monday, April 18 - Friday, April 29) ***
Wednesday, April 27th- 5th Grade Field Trip
Monday, May 2nd- Friday, May 6th- Teacher Appreciation Week
Tuesday, May 10th- 3rd-5th STAAR Math
Wednesday, May 11th- 3rd-5th STAAR Reading
Thursday, May 12th- 5th STAAR Science; 1st Grade Field Trip
Tuesday, May 17th- 4th Grade Field Trip
Thursday, May 19th- Former Brock Tiger Senior Walk; 4th Grade Field Day at BHS Stadium
Friday, May 20th- 5th Grade Field Day at BHS Stadium
Monday, May 23rd- Choir NRH20
Tuesday, May 24th- 9:00-11:00 Kinder & First Field Day; 12:45-2:45 Second & Third Field Day
Wednesday, May 25th- End of the 6th six weeks, 5th Fest/Slideshow/EOY Parties/Last Day of School Early Release 11:45 am
June 1st and 2nd- Kindergarten Camp for newly enrolled kindergarteners