We R Charles
A Note from Mrs. Phillips
Dear Charles Families:
It's starting to feel like fall! Please think about sending your students in layers as our building changes from warm to cold as the outside temperature changes. Teachers will take our students out as long as the weather is not too cold.
We have a lot to celebrate this month!
- PTO raised over $6000, with your support, from our chocolate sale.
- Progress reports were sent home last Friday.
- 60% or more of kindergarten, first and fourth graders met the national RIT score for reading NWEA!
- 60% of first graders met national RIT for math NWEA.
- Our National Elementary Honor Society inducted 20 students into the Charles chapter.
- Building attendance, during a pandemic, is maintaining 95% - Awesome job!
- Weekly Dojo communication averages 1,000 messages between teachers and parents WOW!
- Guided reading has started in all classrooms.
- Rocket Math, Dreambox, and Lexia are all available for at home use; ask your child's teacher for more information.
- We had our first student of the month celebration.
We hope that you can join us on Oct. 5th for our district Title Math-A-Palooza event at Jack Elstro Plaza, from 5:00-7:00 pm. We will also have a parade of books later this month. Parents are more than welcome to join us on our parade route, weather permitting. As we continue to live in this pandemic, we are still closed to parent volunteers. We miss seeing you in the building but look forward to the day we can welcome you back.
As always, I'm here if you need anything. I try my best to put things out there on Dojo and Social Media. If there is anything else I can do better, please let me know. You can send a personal message via Dojo, Facebook or Twitter. You may also email me or call the office. That information is found below. Have a great month Chargers!
Be kind, be amazing, and be YOU!
Mrs. Kirsten Phillips
Click this button to learn more about the basics of NWEA MAP Growth assessment.
Click here for the parent resource from Core Values about individuality.