Market Intelligence Manager
and Strategy Manager at Windward
Windward is looking for a Market Research and Intelligence Associate to roll up their sleeves and conduct the market research and competitive intelligence activities that will help inform our overall corporate direction and market strategy.
You’ll work closely with the government business development team and provide professional, coherent competitive research and market analysis -- from market segmentation to identifying trends in specific markets to mapping strategic opportunities and potential collaborations.
We are seeking a candidate with a passion for conducting various types of primary and secondary research. Someone who is highly quantitative and detail-orientated. You will become our resident expert on new markets and geographies, from security and intelligence to illegal fishing and oil, and work closely with the BD team to ensure that we understand the nuances of each market and its intersection with the Windward value proposition.
- Strong analytical capabilities: doing research, connecting the dots, seeing the forest for the trees, and reaching insightful conclusions.
- Ability to consolidate internal perspectives and feedback into clear, actionable insights.
- Superb communications and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to capture complex ideas and nuanced detail.
- Exceptional English, both verbal and written. Additional languages, an advantage.
- Team player: willing and able to carry one's own weight and support team efforts.
- Willingness to travel to potential customers and industry events.
- Self-starter: accountable and results driven. Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple internal stakeholders.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in consulting or market research capacity.
- BA in economics, business or science. MBA an advantage.
Windward is a maritime data and analytics company, bringing unprecedented visibility to the maritime domain. Windward makes maritime data accessible and actionable, for the first time in history, from flagging criminal threats at sea to identifying new market trading opportunities.
Windward’s data and insights are in wide use by Intelligence, Security and Law Enforcement Agencies worldwide. Windward is now bringing the same unique data and insights to the world of Finance, giving traders, investors and analysts access to a gold mine of untapped market opportunities.