improving your memory
study tips to help you remember information better!
follow these helpful tips and you'll ace that test!
- focus your attention on the material you're studying. this means put away all distractions such as cell phones, tv, people, etc.
- avoid cramming. your mind will retain information the more time it has to process it.
- use mnemonic devices to help remember new information. this relates new information to information you already know, making it much easier to recall.
- visuals are helpful to recall information.
- teaching another person the material helps solidify your understanding of it.
- get some sleep! it is easier to retain information if your body is well rested.
- use highlighters to bring attention to specific pieces of important information.
- chewing gum while studying then during the test has shown better results.