Canada 2040 Assignment
Will Canada be the same as now in 2040?
Canada is a highly developed country, which is one of the best places to live in because of its very good working conditions, top quality education, and one of the best health care systems. This economy of Canada's is built through the contribution of many people, including immigrants. People worldwide want to immigrate to Canada for many reasons, like education, uniting with family, job, etc.
Immigrating to Canada is not easy. There is a process which needs to be followed. Before even going through the process, you need to know whether your eligible for applying or not. Canada only accepts people meeting their criteria. The criteria changes over years as many people are immigrating.
Who's allowed to come?
1. Economic Immigrants- Skilled workers and business class who can contribute to Canada's economy.
- Skilled worker must have 67/100 points in the point system, to be sure if they will be successful in Canada.
- Business class immigrants need to show that they are willing and have the ability to make a financial investment to Canada's economy.
2. Family Immigrant- This category is for Canadian citizens who want to reunite with their close family members, children, parents and their spouse.
3. Humanitarians (refugees)-Refugees are people who are mistreated in there home
country. These people are taken to refugee camps.
Canada uses the point system to determine if you're eligible for immigration.
There are 6 factors in the point system.
- English and/or French Skills- Max 28 points
- Education- Max 25 points
- Experience- Max 15 points
- Age- Max 12 points
- Adaptability-Max 10 points
- Arranged employment in Canada- Max 10 points
You need a minimum of 67 points out of 100 to qualify as a Skilled Worker in Canada
Click on "Point System". Using the criteria give your self points and determine whether you are eligible or not.
Express Entry Canada 2015 (Video)
Canadian Immigrating in 2040
Natural Increase Rate of Canada 2014
- # of Births in a year/ Total population *1000 =
335 241/ 35 429 182 * 1000 = 9.46 births per 1000 people in Canada 2014.
- # of Deaths in a year/ Total population *1000 =
260 243 / 35 429 182 * 1000 = 7.34 Deaths per 1000 people in Canada 2014
Birth Rate- Death Rate= Natural Increase
9.46 - 7.34 = 2.12 ... Therefore, Canada's Natural Increase Rate is 2 per 1000 people or 0.2%
Canada is at stage 4 on the demographic transition model.
Canadian Demography 2014
The population will be seen growing by approximately 8 million.
Canada's demographic shift (VIDEO)
This video talks about....The number of seniors is growing rapidly especially cause we are in the middle of a mini baby boom. Retirees are living longer, the age group 60- 64 is experiencing the fastest increase, this is not good for the working population because we need more experienced workers.
After Watching this Video...
I feel that Canada will be accepting a lot more economic immigrants. The more workers the easier it will get to pay the pension for retired people. Canada will be looking for skilled and business class immigrants which can help pay taxes so that retired people get their pension/retirement plan money.
Demography 2014 vs 2040
Death Rate: 1,206,360 / 204,505,396 x 1000 = 5.89 per 1000 people in Canada
Natural Increase: 16.50 - 5.89 = 10.61 is Canada's Natural Increase Rate (1.06%)
Net Migration: - 13, 278 The emigration Rate is higher than immigration
In 2040 the Birth Rate will decrease a lot, however the life expectancy will increase. Looking at the population pyramids of 2015 and 2040 it is seen that people will be living longer but the there will be less children than now. Despite these changes the population will continue to grow and will grow by about 25 million people.
Immigration 2014 vs 2040
- WORK IN BRAZIL: If you are on long- term contracts with Brazil. People in this category must have special approval from the ministry of labor and employment in Brazil.
- RETIREMENT IN BRAZIL: People can get permanent residence in Brazil for retirement but they have to provide evidence of the funds needed for their stay.
- FAMILY OR BRAZILIAN CITIZEN: It is possible to qualify for immigration if your spouse or other family members are citizens or have permanent residency in Brazil.
In future Brazil will look for more immigrants who can help improve their economy. Brazil's immigration will not change as much in 2040 as their policy is fair and there are many chances to get permanent visa/residency in Brazil.
Canada vs Brazil Immigration
Canada vs Brazil Demography
How will my life be different in 2040 (when I'm 40) than the life my parents currently live in Canada?