Fifth Grade Newsletter
Friday, Dec. 6th - Chorus Concert 7 - 8 pm
Monday, Dec. 10th - Chorus Fundraiser @ Roy Rogers 5-8pm
Monday, Dec. 10th - Chorus Concerts during school
Friday, Dec. 14th - 2HR Early Dismissal
Friday, Dec. 14th - Winter Band Concerts during school
Tuesday, Dec. 18th - 5th Grade Winter Instrumental Music Concert 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Friday, Dec. 21st - Family Life in the afternoon
Family Life on Friday, December 21st
Math Unit 4
- Students will master how to recognize that in any multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
- Students will master how to explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10 and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10. Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
- Students will master how to fluently multiply multi digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
- Students will master how to use parentheses, brackets, or braces in a numerical expressions and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
- Students will master how to write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret, numerical expressions without evaluating them.
- Students will master how to multiply decimals to hundredths using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used.
- Students explore how to will use their understanding of multiplication to help them apply the strategy of partial product to divide whole numbers up to four-digit dividend and two-digit divisor and apply this concept to a real world context with quotients that are in the form of whole numbers and fractions.
- Students will explore how to use their knowledge of converting the metric system to support their understanding of our base ten system for solving multiplication and division problems.
Unit 4 Math Newsletter
COLD WEATHER REMINDER!
Media Center Update
grade teacher. If you have any questions, please let us know!