Avirett & Torres 18-19
Week of 1/7/19
Ear buds/Headphones for computers
1/21 No School
Our Learning Targets
Math: We can round whole numbers to a given place value through the hundred thousands place. We can compare and order whole numbers to 1,000,000,000 and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =.
Science: We can create presentations to share our 2nd 9 weeks learning.
Reading: We can use text features to overview text and locate information while reading a variety of non-fiction texts. We can summarize the main idea and supporting details of a non-fiction text.
Writing: We can write an expository piece with a topic sentence, supporting sentences with facts, details and explanations, and a concluding statement.
Social Studies: We can learn the economic motivations and accomplishments of significant empresarios, (Moses Austin, Martin de Leon) and explain their impact on the settlement of Texas.
This week's spelling words
Spelling Words: already, finally, summer, tiniest, hobbies, copied, countries, pitied, easier, laziest, families, happiest, ladies, friendlier, studied
Bonus Words: filament, illumination, incandescent, investors, neglecting
This Week's Homework
A message from Nurse Jenny
It’s Cold and Flu season
Here are some friendly reminders to help stay virus free this season:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Cover your Cough; Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
· Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and objects such as toys and doorknobs
· Stay at home while you are sickLISD follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or above or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom free for twenty-four (24) hours, and without the use of medications.