Good News Tickets
Recognition of Internationally-Minded Earle Brown Students
Witness some good news? Issue a ticket!
Earle Brown brings back a former best practice of recognizing wonderful internationally-minded attributes of our students with Good News Tickets (previously known as Good Slips). As we continue our collective work in developing our Positive Behavior Framework as a learning community, we will use our supply of both the inventory of 'BARK' slips and 'Community Profile Award'. Both of these Good News Tickets reflect on IB attributes in a way to honor our students who shine.
Where do I get Earle Brown Good News Tickets?
Examples of ways Good News Tickets can be used:
...offered to help a classmate who had been absent in understanding an assignment without being directed to.
...by notifying an adult at dismissal time when a couple of students arguing started to escalate.
...being a good reader and self-disciplined during independent time with a challenging chapter book.
What happens when a Good News Ticket has been issued?
- Staff fills out Good News Ticket and recognizes Earle Brown student who has demonstrated internationally-minded attributes.
- Staff hands both copies of Good News Ticket to student, instructing student to take home original and bring 2nd copy to the office.
- Student brings Good News Ticket to the office (proudly showing Good News Ticket to any staff in the hallway on the way to the office who can acknowledge the student) to receive recognition from office staff.
- Office staff will help student deposit Good News Ticket in the box of Good News.
- Student returns to class with original Good News Ticket to bring home and share with family.
- At the end of the week, drawing will be held from the box of Good News. One student from each class will be recognized and awarded a Good News gift (i.e. pencil, etc.). This will occur over the intercom at 2:35 PM on Fridays.
- At the end of each month, drawing will be held from that month's collection of Good News Tickets for a special Pizza with the Principals lunch.
Questions? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. #spreadthegoodnews