Shawnee Heights Elementary Scoop
Weekly Update (March 21, 2022)
What's Coming at SHES!
Monday, March 21
- Students and staff return from Spring Break!
Wednesday, March 23
- 3rd quarter summary reports sent electronically
Thursday, March 24
- Pettit Parking Lot Party hosted by SHES teachers and staff with proceeds for Edward R. Pettit Scholarships (more information found below) 5-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 31
- 5th grade vocal music program 6:30 p.m. at SHHS in district auditorium
- 6th grade vocal music program 7:30 p.m. at SHHS in district auditorium
Tuesday, April 5th
- SHES PTO meeting 6:30 p.m.
Send in Your Soap Bottles!
The next time you empty a bottle of soap, shampoo, or laundry detergent, don't throw it out! SHES is helping collect soap bottles for a local business that will sanitize, refill, and resell them to reduce plastic waste. Each classroom will have a collection area throughout the month of April.
The Topeka Growers Group is collecting soap bottles of all sorts: hand soap, dish soap, shampoo, body wash, and laundry detergent. Please make sure bottles are in good condition and are empty and rinsed out before bringing them in.
The bottles will be filled with a variety of types and scents of non-toxic soap produced by a company in Springfield, Missouri. It will be available for sale later this spring at www.topekagrowersgroup.com
Thanks for your help bringing this zero-waste option to Topeka!