Presented by South Brunswick School District
In collaboration with NJASL and Rutgers University
School of Communication & Information
Supporting Literacy in a Connected World
Join us on Saturday, March 11 at Crossroads North Middle School from 8:30AM - 2:00PM for our unConference! Educators, school librarians, and administrators are invited to discuss the ways we help learners develop their literacy skills. Whether you want to explore approaches to teaching news literacy, would like to share ideas about cross-curricular literacies, or are wondering about other hot topics, this day is for you.
Lead a discussion, share best practices, solve problems or just grow your professional network; our focus is on informal peer-to-peer learning and sharing!
8:30 Welcome/ post-its / sign in / breakfast in Library
9:00-9:45 Setting the Stage/ Stink and Rocks in Auditorium
10:00-10:30 Session 1
Vendor browse/ Continued discussions
10:45-11:15 Session 2
Vendor browse / Continued discussions
11:30-12:30 Lunch and Ignite Literacy 5 people 5 minutes in Cafeteria
12:45-1:15 Session 3
1:30-2:00 LIt Parade and Raffle in Auditorium
2:00 NJASL general membership meeting
Calling all questions, strategies and best practices!
Add your voice to LitCamp 2017 in advance: suggest conversations for our session topics, or share resources, best practices or lesson ideas!
- What conversations would you like to see take place? Do you have questions or ideas you would like to share? Help us shape session topics by adding to our Sessions slides.
- What are your best strategies for teaching literacy? Share your best lesson or program idea. What are some resources you love? Contribute to our Lit Parade slideshow to share your best literacy ideas.
Spread the word: #LitCamp2017
- No keynotes and no panels!
- The focus is on informal peer-to-peer learning, PLN building, and sharing.
- If a conversation does not move you, apply the rule of two feet. Simply move on.
- Everyone gets a chance to speak, especially newcomers!
- All ideas are welcomed.
- Want more unconference background?
Saturday, March 11th, 8:30am-2pm
Crossroads North Middle School, 635 Georges Road, Monmouth Junction, NJ, 08852
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Thank you to all of our event sponsors
South Brunswick School DistrictNJASL
Rutgers School of Communication & Information
Joyce Valenza, Rutgers University School of Communication & Information
Kim Zito, Librarian at Crossroads North Middle School
Lisa Manganello, Librarian at South Brunswick High School
Amy Gazaleh, Librarian at Hightstown High School
Beth Thomas, Librarian at Lawton C. Johnson Summit Middle School
Elizabeth Ullrich, Librarian at Emil A. Cavallini Middle School Upper Saddle River