Middle Childhood Health Concerns
- Age 6, children are ready to read.
- Ability to focus improves.
- Farsighted- see objects from a distance more clear.
- With corrective lenses, nearsighted can be improved.
- Nearsighted- see objects up close clearly.
- 25% of children need their vision corrected.
- Obesity- excessive body fat.
- Obesity is common at this stage.
- 25% of children are obese.
- Most likely their parents are obese.
- Their family members overeat , they do too.
- Some are obese because of physical inactivity.
- Some are family disorders.