Vegetable Garden Ministry
Weekly Newsletter 9/6/19
*NEW* 2019-2020 Vegetable Garden Leadership Team
- Lead: Audrey Brandt
- Co-Lead: Joe Bechtel
- Historian: Helen Bradley
- Treasurer: Mary Baxter
- Communication: Katharine Norman
- Membership Team: Jennifer Patel & Bernadette Norman
- Additional Board Members: Chris Delmolino & Ofel Cordero
- Tractor Operator: Mike Piske
Note: The tractor is owned by the church. For safety reasons, only trained individuals are permitted to operate it.
- No money was spent this past year.
- Ministry purchases are tax-exempt.
- Please contact Mary Baxter for the tax-exempt form if needed.
Saturday, Sep. 7th, 7:30am
Saint Michael Vegetable Garden
Memorial Services for Rich Herzog
October 19, 1945- August 31, 2019
Rich was known as the "cucumber whisperer" at the Vegetable Garden.
Please keep him & his family in your prayers.
Monday, Sep. 9th, 10am
3713 East Harwood Road
Safe Environment Training
* Must be renewed every two years
* Click link below for more info and/or register for training
* Next class: Saturday, September 14th at 9 am
Formerly called "Safe Environment Training." now called: Adult Safe Environment Awareness Sessions. Safe Environment Certification for the Diocese of Fort Worth is no longer offered “online” and is now only offered in person.
9/16- Bill Collins9/30- Phyllis Hassett
Please click the link below OR reply to this email to add your birthday to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17It9OGlgkDLJ5nGRuNSkdMXKntZFBtlTWo8guE-Do6o/edit?usp=sharing
Note: The link may not work if using your phone. Please use a computer to access the spreadsheet.
Jennifer & Marco volunteered to help sell Feast Day raffle tickets on behalf of the Vegetable Garden Ministry. Thank you!
shows off his new haircut while collecting cucumbers.
displays a rather "miniature" squash.
somehow keeps his white shirt clean even with extensive weeding of the perimeter.
Ofel & Audrey
failed to send the memo to everyone to wear orange.
takes a picture of Ofel as they engage in dueling photography.
Debbie, Mary, & Peggy examine the pretty produce.
Test Your Knowledge :)
Thanks to fellow gardeners for sharing this info!
- Marshall Grain (3525 William D. Tate Ave, Grapevine, TX 76051) offers a 10% discount for Seniors (65+) on Tuesdays.
- If you enroll in classes at a Community College you can obtain a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 at no charge.
Click link above and scroll down to the "Volunteers Needed" header. Also, click link above for general Feast Day 2019 info. Feast Day is Saturday, September 28.
We want to hear from YOU!
Contact Katharine at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call/ text 817-360-5856.
Test Your Knowledge Answers