Safe Practices for Online Dating
Courtney Gavurnik and Elisa Godoy
We provide a safer environment with less stigma. You find happiness.
-Member ID verification
-Private mode if you upgrade
So, how do you be safe?
Wednesday, Dec. 9th, 8pm
Ithaca, NY, United States
This Issue's Tips
2. Don't give out any personal information while chatting online. Even small details can lead to serious problems down the road.
3. Schedule a time to meet up. Often if a person is genuinely interested in a relationship, they will find time in their calendar for you.
4. Meet in a public place.
5. Go on multiple dates before sharing vulnerable information
6. Be honest yourself, relationships are only successful if there is good communication.
7. Keep an open mind, often dates will not go anywhere. Positivity and realistic expectations are key.
8. Only use your first name on these sites. (Never underestimate the power of search engines. By giving your last name, you are giving out a lot of other information).
9. Don't give your phone number out right away. Establish trust, and then share your digits.
10. You can even try out multiple different sites at once, each one has different benefits. Online dating is not one size fit all.
"EHarmony." EHarmony. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Dec. 2015.<http://www.eharmony.com/>
"#1 in Dates, Relationships and Marriages." Match.com®. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Dec. 2015.<http://www.match.com/cpx/en-us/match/IndexPage/>Tips & Advice | StaySafeOnline.org. (n.d.). Retrieved December 7, 2015, from https://www.staysafeonline.org/stop-think-connect/tips-and-advice