FUSE - Myrtle Beach
VIP - February 18, 2015
The 60 Second Show brought to you by Travis Brantley, Volunteer Coordinator
Attendance Information for Last Week
- 185 Total Students
- 115 Middle School
- 70 High School
- 42 Volunteers
- 10 1st Timers
Dates To Remember:
- March 24 - First Fuse in new building!!!! I know its a little ways away but We are excited!!!!
DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA
What is Gauntlet X?
Gauntlet X marks ten years of Fuse summer trips and this is not the one that you want to miss. Roll to the beach with a few thousand of your closest friends, kick it by the pool, and spend some time learning from Pastor Perry Noble and Brad Cooper. Also bring sunscreen, definitely do that. In short, have the best week of your life.
The early bird rate for Gauntlet X is $325. The cost will increase to $375 and then $425 in the coming months. The cost for volunteers is $100.
iPhones need to be plugged in to charge, and branches must be connected to a vine in order to produce fruit. In the same way, we need to be connected to Jesus to discover our
purpose and joy. John 15 says that God is the gardener, Jesus is the vine, and we are the branches. But what does that mean?
Join us at Fuse this February for our Connect series to find out what it looks like to be connected to Jesus!
Opportunity to Serve!
- We want every volunteer to serve in the area that they feel called to. If you would ever like to try a different area a Fuse please contact Travis
- I know its going to be cold guys and I want to thank you in advance for the sacrifice of warmth.
- We will have handwarmers for you in VHQ!!
- This week once the counter stops Johnathan will be coming out.
- We need to make sure the students are ready when the counter starts because there will not be a song after the counter.
Game Room/Lounge Team
- Same set up as usual in the atrium.
- Lets move the nail painting station inside the atrium.
High School Lounge Team
- High School Lounge will be back in the hallway.
- LEts use this time to meet the kids and no just be a place where they come get something to drink.
- We are opening up the side field this week for all the sports to be located there.
- It is a dedicated space just for the sports to be taking place, in saying that make sure we are keeping eyes on students so they aren't walking off.
- VHQ will be in the main office.
- If you are there to check in and no one is there please use the radio by the computer to let Travis know you need to check in.
- We finally have a team set.
- Thanks guys for braving the cold and making sure we are there to help the students and the parents.
Care Room Team
- Same rooms as always.
Campus Safety Team
- The side sports field will be open again this week. So let's create a path that includes that area on every Fuse night.
- Please use the resource officer to help keep eyes on the areas.
Meet the Core Team for Myrtle FUSE
Johnathan Foster - Myrtle Beach Fuse Pastor
Travis Brantley - Volunteer Coordinator
Tori Williams - Connections Coordinator
Hal Ruska - Fuse Group Coordinator (Boys)
Ginger McCreight - NewServe Coordinator
Born and raised in small town called Toccoa, Georgia
Graduated Stephens County High School in 1988
Attended Piedmont College for 2 years and also Tri-County Technical College
Moved to South Carolina in 1994
Married Tim McCreight in May of 2005 and lived in Easley SC
Two kids; Chaz Poole 15 and Ethan McCreight 15
Started NewSpring Church in August of 2007 and became owners in November of 2007.
They felt the Lord calling them to move to Myrtle Beach at the end of 2011, so they moved to MB in February 2012 and got to be a part of the launching of the Myrtle Beach campus.
God has been so great and faithful to her and her family. Currently own a cleaning business and is a hostess part-time at Surf's Diner. She loves her church and being a part of the Fuse Core Group. She has a passion for teenagers and loves being a part of helping and watching people's life change when they meet Jesus.
Trey Mintz - Production/Lighting Coordinator
Birth Date: 07/24/1990
School: Conway High Class of 2009 // Played Soccer, Football, and Wrestling.
Born in Conway South Carolina and have been here pretty much his entire life
Occupation: NewSpring Production Coordinator/ Lighting Coordinator // Fuse Coordinator // That Guy Coordinator.
Engaged to Sommer Dawn Norris
Fuse Group Leader with Walker Kennard, Dave Weeden, Drew McCann, and Brandon MacDonold
Went to HGTC for 2 and a half years under business and market.
Favorite Food..... Yes
Love long walks on the beach
Getting caught in the rain...
Drinking a Pina Coloda (Virgin) of course.... Keeping it christian
He goes by Trey.... Not Frederick... Not Freddy... Not Red... Or Eric... not even Dick... Just Trey
Stephen Jordan - Worship Coordinator
Stephen was born on January 25th, 1993 in Myrtle Beach, SC. He accepted Christ at the age of 4, and grew up in a Christian School all through his high school career. Stephen was a 4 time state champion in basketball and soccer at Christian Academy. He graduated from CA in the year 2011, and went off to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Ocean’s Edge School Of Worship to major in electric guitar. Stephen has been playing guitar for 9 years and singing for 5. His lifelong dream is to tour the world playing music in a band. In 2012, Stephen began attending NewSpring in Myrtle Beach in the early stages of its existence. He interned for 2 semesters and was hired on in September of 2013 as the Myrtle Beach Fuse Worship Leader. Shortly after, on November 2nd, he married the love of his life, Kayla Nicole Jordan. Stephen and Kayla enjoy serving with each other in the band on Sundays and Wednesdays, leading people in worship and using their gifts to further the gospel through NewSpring Church.
Random Fact: If you ever want to make Stephen very happy, buy him Edward’s Key Lime Pie (It’s his ultimate favorite dessert on the planet)!
Lauren Newman- School Lunch Outreach Coordinator / Fuse Pastor Assistant (FUSE Intern)
Hometown : Sumter
School: Coastal Carolina University
Lauren Is 23 years old and a Senior at Coastal Carolina University! As the School lunch coordinator she contacts all schools and volunteers so that Fuse can occupy all lunches by reaching students far from God in their setting; giving the volunteers the opportunity to teach them how to follow Jesus step by step. And as assistant she just does whatever is needed to help Fuse! If you are interested in joining the school lunch outreach team, please give her a call or send her a quick email! She would LOVE to hear from you!