RAVEN Weekly News
Black Rock High School - September 14, 2021
SUMMER SCHOOL FUN 2021
STUDENT INFORMATION - NEW
Don't forget Minimum Day!!!
HOMEROOMS: Please make sure all students and staff have their ID pictures taken ASAP. Mrs. Seacat or HR teachers can take the pictures. Whatever works best.
SPIRIT DAY - This Friday (9/17) is a Raven Spirit Day. Wear Red, Black, and Silver to show your school spirit. Earn .1.
STAR READING AND MATH TESTS MAKEUPS: By now every student should have taken the Math and Reading STAR 360 tests in their English and Math classes. If a student doesn't have English and/or Math, please let Mrs. Kelley or Mrs. Graham know ASAP so we can set up a time for testing. We need all students to take these tests, including IS. Mrs. Kelley is available in P-5 on Tuesdays for IS students to take the tests.
STUDENT INFORMATION - FOR REVIEW
MINIMUM DAY: Wednesday, 9/15, is a late start minimum day. Students start class at 9:45 and are dismissed at 1:01.
IS MASTER AGREEMENTS: Have you turned in yours?
UNITY HOME: Meets Tuesday during 2nd period.
ID CARDS - All students and staff will need ID cards. Mrs. Seacat will be going into each homeroom to take pictures this week.
CLOSED CAMPUS: Remember you can't leave campus without permission and must come on campus as soon as you arrive.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- 9/15, Wednesday, MINIMUM DAY, "Raven", Late Start, 9:45 AM to 1:01 PM
- 9/24, Friday, Guarantee By Day - Turn in big projects early to get onto CC1
- 10/1, Friday, End of Credit Check 1
- 10/8, Friday, BREAST CANCER AWARENESS SPIRIT DAY (Wear Pink)
- 10/12 UTI Presentation, 5th Period (see Ms. A)
- 10/20, Wednesday, MINIMUM DAY, Late Start, 9:45 AM to 1:01 PM
- 11/10, Wednesday, ASVAB TEST
- 11/12, Friday, BLOOD DRIVE, earn .5 in Service Credit
- 12/13-12/14 STAR Reading & 12/15-12/16 STAR Math
- 1/10-1/14 History Benchmarks
- 3/1-3/2 STAR Reading & 3/8-3/9 STAR Math
- 5/17-5/18 STAR Reading & 5/24-5/25 STAR Math
- 5/23-5/27 History Benchmarks
HOMEROOM TEACHERS: Please assist in getting all students their ID card photos (yours too). Mrs. Seacat
CALENDAR - Check to see if you have access to the shared BRHS calendar.
COMMENTS - Please use the comments in Synergy for PBIS or general information to be shared.
CLUBS & COMMITTEES - See Mrs. Seacat if you have any ideas.
PFDV - Make sure you complete them on time.
WASC - We will be starting WASC Wednesdays on 9/8. Location TBD. Consider school branding (mascot & colors), RAVEN and GLO slips, samples of student work, and plan folders.
Black Rock High School
Mrs. Jennifer Seacat, Principal
Mrs. April Taylor, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Christi Cross, Registrar
Ms. Julie Alexander, Special Education
Mr. James DEan, Science
Mr. Angel Gomez, Art
Ms. Spencer Graham, MTSS
Mrs. Jolie Kelley, Newsletter Editor/Intervention
Mr. Raphael Krasnow, English
Mrs. Janet Larson, Math
Mrs. Lisa Lee-Briggs, Counselor
Mrs. Shannon Luckino, Social Science/APEX
Ms. Hanna Mohn, Social Science
Mr. Jason Peck, Woodshop
Mrs. Jamie Scharns, English