Operations with integers
By: Maria and Rodrigo
- add the numbers and keep the sign. (+2) + (+3) = (+5) (-2) + (-3) = (-5)
- subtract the numbers and keep the signs of the nmber with the greatest absolute value. (+2) + (-3) = (-1) (-2) + (+3) = (+1)
guaranteed to learn fast and easy
- to multiply integers, always multiply the absolute value and use these rules to determine the sign of the answer.
- the product of two positive integers or two negative integers is positive.
- the product of a positive integer and a negative integer is negative.
- when you divide integers whith the same sign the result is always positive.
- just divide the obsolute values and make the answer positive.