The CES Bulldog News
Week #6 (October 7-11, 2019)
IWCS - Vision & Mission
Vision: To create a learning environment that will enable every child to discover his or her unique gifts and talents.
Mission: To enhance and expand on each child’s unique gifts and talents to ensure every child is college, career and life ready.
October 3rd - DQ Night - Fifth Grade 5:00p.m.-7:30p.m. - THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME OUT TO SUPPORT OUR 5TH GRADE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS!
October 8th - PTA Meeting: Jump Start to Success 7:00p.m.- 8:00p.m.
***Enter a drawing for free tickets to the Haunted Gym or Face Painting (must be present to win). One student from each class will win!
October 10th - School Board Meeting @ 6:00p.m. Isle of Wight County Courthouse
October 11th - Early Dismissal at 1:00p.m.; WHS Homecoming Game @ 7:00p.m.
October 16th - All A's Ceremony @ WHS - 6:00p.m.
October 17th - Division-wide Pink Out Day (Wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness.)
October 25th - Fall Fundraiser Ends; Fall Festival and Haunted Gym 6:30p.m. - 8:00p.m.
Upcoming CES Event: October is Bully Prevention Month
Students are encouraged to participate to raise awareness against bullying.
- Team Up Against Bullying - wear favorite team jerseys
- Give Bullying the Boot - wear favorite boots
- Friendship Day - wear red, pink, or white
- Be a "Bulldog Buddy" - wear CES shirts
- "We Are Future Dukes" - wear blue & gold
Food Services - Important Information
Please send a note to the school if you do not want your child to have breakfast, lunch, or snacks from the cafeteria. Once a note is received, this information will be placed on your child's account.
Screening Prior Notice
In accordance with Code of Virginia §22.1-215 and the Regulations Governing Special Education Programs for Children with Disabilities in Virginia, 2009, Isle of Wight County Schools is completing the screening of enrolled children, including children who transfer from out of state.
The screening process for all children enrolled or enrolling in Isle of Wight County schools, including transfers from out of state, is as follows:
1. All children (through grade 3), within 60 business days of initial enrollment, shall be screened in speech, and fine and gross motor skills to determine if a referral for special education evaluation and related services is indicated.
2. All children (through grade 12), within 60 business days of initial enrollment, shall be screened in the areas of vision and hearing.
3. The vision/hearing of all children in grades K, 3, 7, and 10 shall be screened during the school year.
4. Children who fail any of the above mentioned screenings may be re-screened after 60 business days if the original results are not considered valid.
5. Children shall be referred to the Child Study Committee if results suggest that an evaluation for special education and related services is indicated. The referral shall include the screening results.
6. Provision of parent educational information on scoliosis for all students in grades 5 through 10 within 60 business days of the opening of school, with notice at least 10 business days prior to each student’s screening.
Dismissal - Identification Check
In addition, all parent/guardian information and emergency contact information regarding your child(ren) must be updated in PowerSchool. Please take a moment to ensure all information is correct in PowerSchool. Contact Mrs. Hatfield or Mrs. Olson if assistance is needed.
Box Tops for Education
We are collecting Box Tops again this school year. Please collect Box Tops and send them to your child's teacher. Thank you!
Please make sure that an adult is at the bus stop to receive their student each afternoon. In the event that no one is available to receive the student, then they will be returned to school and parents/guardians will be contacted and required to pick up the student from the school's front office.
Family Resources Center
CES has reading and math resources available for families to check out. These games and activities can be used at home to support your student's learning. Please email or call Mrs. Hatfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Reeder (email@example.com) 357-8844 if you are interested in checking out these resources.