4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of May 23-27, 2016
Our Current Week
- No school (bad weather make-up day)
- Blue specials day
- PACE Math screener test (only for students not currently in PACE Math who opted in)
- Famous Texans paragraph due (see details below)
- Purple specials day
- Famous Texans posters due
- PLC day (specials moved to end of day)
- Red specials day
- Ecology unit vocabulary quiz in science
- 5th Grade Business Fair during specials (see details below)
- Famous Texans Living Museum (see details below)
- All library books due back to the library
- Famous Texans paragraph due Tuesday, May 24th
- Famous Texans posters due Wednesday, May 25th
Language Arts and Math homework for the rest of the year is recommended, not required.
- Read 100 minutes
- Continue practicing math facts in Xtra Math
- Continue practicing math skills in Think Through Math and SumDog
Ecology Vocabulary Quiz
5th Grade Business Fair
Track & Field Meet - Wednesday 6/1
Our 4th and annual track meet will be held at Vista Ridge High School on Wednesday, June 1st (note the date change due to weather). This is a highly anticipated event that the students look forward to every year. If you haven't already done so, please fill out the online permission slip below.
Floating Away to 5th Grade
Living Museum Day Performance Schedule
- 10:00 - 11:00 - Flores, Eddy, & Weltzin homerooms perform - YEEEEE HAAAWWW!
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Beasley & LaCombe homerooms perform
- 1:30 - 2:30 - Lau & Heim homerooms perform
We would love to see you on Living Museum day! Feel free to come and support your little Davy Crockett, Bessie Coleman, or Ladybird Johnson if you are able. Performances will occur as scheduled above and will be upstairs in the 4th grade neighborhood.
A few reminders -
- Poster board for the museum displays was sent home Wednesday, May 11th. If students would like to use something other than the white posterboard we provide, they are welcome to. Museum displays must be completed at home and are due back to school no later than Wednesday, May 25th.
- While students are expected to dress as much like their Texan as possible on museum day, it is not our intent for you to purchase items specifically for this purpose. Let us know if you have any questions.
- A one minute video of last year's Living Museum can be found below if you would like to see what the event has been like in the past.
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Gallon size ziploc bags, Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Nothing at this time