Welcome to the Patterson LMC!
We're glad you're back
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help student’s enjoy the stories even more.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add 100 or more new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- Our 60 new school laptops mean many more students have easy access to computers.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you.
We are ready and excited about this coming year and are committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!