4-H Friday News Blast for 10.18.19
4-H Support Staff Job Opportunity at the Extension Office
Job Opportunity at the Extension Office
Position description including responsibilities, required skills, starting pay, and preferred experiences is available online at https://go.unl.edu/0cqt
Submit cover letter and resume to the Cass County Extension Office by November 4th. References will be requested after further review. Applications can be mailed to Cass County Extension 8400 144th Street Suite 100, Weeping Water, NE 68463 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's time to re-enroll for the 2019-2020 4-H year. The enrollment site is open!
- Leaders, volunteers and 4-Hers who were enrolled in 4-H this past year, need to re-enroll for next year.
- Anyone new to 4-H needs to enroll.
Take a look at the notes below for step-by-step guides to walk you through the process of enrollment and re-enrollment:
ANNOUNCEMENT - New 4-H Club in Cass County
See flyer below...
Sunday, November 3rd from 2 - 4 pm
Every 4-Her and family is invited
Also note .... new kinds of awards are being presented at the Achievement Program this year. It's a year you won't want to miss!
4-H Council - HURRY
Want to know just a bit more about being a council member? Click here: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cass/nominations-for-4-h-council-members/
County 4-H Calendar
- 4HOnline re-enrollment begins! - Oct 18th
- Youth in Action - application due October 21st
- Shooting Sports Training at the Ashland Gun Club - October 26-27
- 4-H Achievement Party at the EXPO - November 3, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards application due: November 5th spirit.prudential.com
- Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium - Nov. 8-10 in Lincoln
- 4-H Council Meeting - November 18
- Make it Yourself with Wool - November 23
- National Catch-a-Calf applications due: December 1st
- Summer Camps announced for 2020
Ag Information & Other Opportunities:
- Farm Ambitions Workshops ... October 29th
- Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Annual Conference ... Nov 2 in Curtis, NE
- Ag Land Transition/Estate Planning Workshops ... Nov 20 | Dec 4 | Dec 10 in Weeping Water
- October Ag Line Newsletter
- Hort Update
- Gardening articles by Sarah Browning
- Recorded Webinar and info on "Hunting Leases" with vital information for landowners
- Nebraska Extension Publications ... online Library
Cass County Extension Board Meeting ... October 14, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Become a Master Gardener ... for 2020 program, register by January 17, 2020
4-H Mission Statement
4-H Empowers youth to reach their full potential,
working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
The 4-H Vision
A world in which youth and adults
learn, grow and work together
as catalysts for positive change.
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking,
My Heart to greater loyalty,
My Hands to larger service, and
My Health to better living,
For my club, my community, my country and my world!
To Make the Best Better!
The 4-H colors are green and white.
Green, nature's most prominent color, symbolizes growth.
The white symbolizes purity and high ideals.
The official 4-H Emblem is a clover with four leaves and an "H" on each leaf.
The clover's stem must point to the right as you look at the image.
The 4-H Emblem is not a plan four-leaf clover.
The 18 USC 707 notice is part of the Emblem.
Nebraska Extension Cass County
Lauren Stohlmann, Extension Educator and Unit Leader, email@example.com
Katie Kreuser, Extension Educator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Ensor, Extension Assistant, email@example.com
Sondra Buell, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
General Mailbox, email@example.com