The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 2/9/2020
Seventh grade scientists show their dissection prowess with the cow eye!
Congratulations to Yifan and Annabelle for an outstanding All Shore Band concert!
Small group strategy session. Moving on from symbolism to theme in fantasy book clubs. Developing higher level thinkers.
Important Spring Sports Information!
- Please check the date of your child’s last sports physical! Many parents are completing the Genesis forms but their child does not have a current physical. Sports physicals dated March 4, 2019 and after are valid for the spring sports season. A new physical is required if your last exam was done on March 3, 2019 and earlier.
- Parents MUST log into Genesis and complete all available forms. Please see the instructions here: http://bit.ly/375MUbP
- All forms are due by February 18th. Please contact Mrs. King RN, school nurse, if you have questions.
2nd Annual Career Day
Don't Delay! Buy Your Yearbook Today!
Please note: All students, including 8th grade students, must purchase a yearbook if they would like one. Eighth grade students are not given yearbooks. Thank you!
DDE PTO Winter Social!
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, February 10, 2020: NJHS Induction Ceremony @ 7:00pm @ Barkalow Middle School
- Thursday, February 13, 2020: Early Dismissal for Students @ 11:40am/Professional Day for Staff
- Monday, February 17, 2020: School Closed
- Thursday, February 20, 2020: DDE Winter Social until 3:30pm (see flyer for details)
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020: Early Dismissal for Students @ 11:40am/Professional Day for Staff
- Monday, March 23, 2020: PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm
- Wednesday, April 8, 2020: Early Dismissal @ 11:40am
- Thursday, April 9-Friday, April 17, 2020: Spring Recess
- Monday, April 20, 2020: School Reopens
Information for 8th Grade Families
8th Grade Graduation:
- Details regarding the date, time, and location of graduation have not yet been finalized. As soon as we receive this information, it will be forwarded to you. We do not typically have a date set until after spring break.
8th Grade Graduation Gowns:
- Students will be measured for graduation gowns THIS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12th! Please see the graduation gown order form here (additional details may be found in the email you received on January 17th) and remember to send in the form and payment: http://bit.ly/2ucCAjz
- Please note: If your child qualifies for free/reduced lunch, please refer to the email you received on January 17th. Your child will be measured THIS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12th. Please send in the form you received in the email.
8th Grade Graduation Pictures:
- Optional 8th Grade Graduation pictures will be taken on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 and Thursday, April 2, 2020 in the STEAM Center from 4:00pm-8:00pm. Additional information will be provided as the dates get closer.
High School Registration Information: