What's working for me!
MackinVia E-books – finding reading ranges, using backpacks, and research tools
Post Covers and Groups in Newsletter with Link
- Highlight Groups of new or topical e-books in monthly newsletter
- Use a digital newsletter or reminder each month with password information and directions for utilizing the e-book collection
- Don't just use links, use the actual book covers
Summer Reading Challenge
Palencia's Read 6 E-books for Summer Success
Did you know that your child could avoid summer reading loss by reading just 6 books this summer? With this inspiration, the PES Pirate Cove is sponsoring a summer reading program for our pirates that utilizes our library’s collection of E-books on MackinVia. The school library is always open online and the summer time is no exception. We have created summer reading lists from MackinVia for each grade level. Your child can participate in this program by doing the following:
1. Log-in to the MackinVia website with any Internet connected device using your student number and I-ready password. (Username – s12345 Password – tiger123 or use the Guest login by leaving the school line blank, Username – palencia, Password – pirates)
2. Read at least 6 books from the grade level list posted on the MackinVia home page or the image list below. Use the list for the grade your child is entering in August 2018.
3. Circle the books that your child reads on the summer reading form and complete the name and new teacher information.
4. Turn in your Summer Success form when school starts by August 24 and receive a Smencil and new book. All students who complete the 6 E-book challenge will be entered into a drawing for 3 $25 gift certificates to Barnes and Nobel.
Below are each upcoming grade level lists. They are also listed on the MackinVia home page. Each list image below is linked to the groups in MackinVia. Do download the Summer Reading Form visit the Summer Reading Page or click on the downloadable forms below each grade level list.
Monthly Reading Challenges
- Who reads the most
- Who meets a goal, say 6 books
Kingergarten Summer List
Fifth Grade Summer Reading List
Curate What Students Read and Teachers Need
- State Awards
- Popular Series
- Favorite Authors
- Capstone Interactive
- Ask them
Make it Part of Centers or Stations
Add Free Resources
- Add movies from Storyline Online or other video versions of books
- Add links to other resources suck as Epic, Capstone free trials,