by katie parmenter(jinx)
- 1⁄2lb bacon (approx. 12 slices)
- 8slices white bread
- 8leaves iceberg lettuce, fresh and full
- 8slices of ripened tomatoes
- 8tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
On Sale Near You
See what's on sale in recipes and in your Grocery List.
- Cook bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Toast the 8 slices of bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayo on each slice of toasted bread. (More or less, to taste).
- Add 1 slice of lettuce to 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast.
- Add 2 slices of tomato on top of lettuce.
- Arrange 3 slices of bacon evenly on top of tomato. (Break bacon slices in half to fit, if needed.).
- Add 1 slice of lettuce on top of bacon.
- Put the remaining 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast on top to finish the sandwiches.
- NOTE: I also like to butter the toast slices before adding the mayo -- higher in fat, but tastier, in my opinion!
Classic Grilled Cheese
See All Reviews Write A Review
Made this for dinner using Chef #67103 's Barefoot Contessa's Oven Roasted Bacon and of course, this classic sandwich is DELICIOUS! Next time I think I'll try the suggestion of mustard on one slice of the bread! Stacky.... you will ge greatly missed!!!Sooz CooksJuly 20, 2009
It does not get any better than a BLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used Barefoot Contessa's Oven Roasted Bacon recipe and it was totally easy to put this together with no mess!!! I definitely love that you listed Hellmann's mayonnaise as the mayo to use because if you're gonna do it with bacon, do it right and don't use nasty Miracle Whip or some other thing besides real mayonnaise!!! Thanks, Stacky!!Chef*LeeFebruary 09, 2009
More Go-To Meal Ideas