Week of May 13th
Important Dates/Events for the Week:
- BEST Meeting in Brennan's Room
- Board of Education Meeting at 5:30 - Murray
Tuesday, May 14th:
- Teacher Meeting after dismissal in media center (Snacks provided by Office Staff)
- PTA Meeting 5:30 - 6:30 in Media Center
- K/4th grade Optional Parent Info Session 6:30 in MPR (flyers went home with students last week).
Wednesday, May 15th:
- 4th/1st PLC
- Carla out at monthly principal meeting
Thursday, May 16th:
- 5th/3rd/2nd/K PLC
Friday, May 17th:
- Snack Attack Day - Bring your favorite snack to share in the teacher lounge!
- Lockdown: We will have an unannounced Lockdown Drill before the end of the year.
- SLT Meeting - Our SLT team met last week. Meeting minutes are here.
- Interview Season is upon us! If you would like to be part of interview teams now/this summer, please sign up here. NCE time can be earned for any interviews that are after school/this summer. Dates/times will be secure once interviews are lined up.
- Painting - NCE will NOT be painted this summer! We will be painted next year! : )
- PTA Check Reimbursements Deadline!! Please turn in receipts/requests for PTA funds by May 31st. Requests for things purchased from May 31st - June 7th - need to be turned in by June 10th.
- Planning for 19-20: It is almost time for me to begin working with the district office on allotments for next year. Please let me know ASAP if you are planning to retire or resign so that I can plan accordingly for filling vacancies. Even if you are just considering a change it would still help to know. My goal is to give you information about next year as soon as possible and this information is always helpful when planning.
- EVAAS - PLEASE plan to have everything entered and submit your roster by Friday! See Carla if you have questions.
Important Testing Dates
- All Instructional Materials Covered/Down by this Friday, May 17th/Instructional Assistants can stay on the clock to help with this effort (see Carla/Eddie to let them know the day you would like to help). All EC/ESL and support teachers, please find a classroom to help! We will be testing in all rooms in the building!
Test Training for Administrators: Tuesday, May 21st after dismissal
Test Training for Proctors: Wednesday, May 22nd at 1:30
Dry Run (right after announcements) - May 23rd
Reading EOG: Friday, May 24th
Math EOG: Wednesday, May 29th
Science EOG: Friday, May 31st
Read to Achieve: Monday, June 3rd
I will only be approving absences during testing for emergencies! We need ALL hands on deck!
- School Improvement Retreat - June 11th from 12:15 - 3:30
- We will work on School Improvement Plan, work on the Schedule for 19-20, unpack data, examine TWCS data, and much more! Please sign up for your spot to join this action packed day! Lunch will be provided!!
- Save the Date
End of the year Luncheon - June 7th after kids leave/time - TBA
Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
Weekly Note: Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
TRUTH! Thank you for doing your part!! NCE ROCKS!
Car Rider Duty for the Week:
AM Duty: Parrish, Avilia, Alvarez, Webster, B. Horton, Crooks
PM Duty:Team 1 - Eiden, Brennan, Sportelli, Landis, Hackney, Sanzone, Loftus, Crankshaw (after buses)
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla.