Archer Glen Elementary | October 21, 2022
Thursday 20 - Thursday 27 | Book Fair
Wednesday 26 | Picture Day
Wednesday 26 @ 1:15 pm | Early Release
Thursday 27 & Friday 28 | Parent Teacher Conferences, Non School Days
- Thursday @ 8 am to 8 pm
- Friday @ 8am to 12pm
Monday 31 | Fall Harvest Classroom Parties
Tuesday 1 @ 11:30 am to 1:00 pm | Parent/Community Listening Session in the District Office Board Room
Budget Update & Parent/Community Listening Session
On October 12, 2022, the Board of Directors received a presentation by Sherwood School District leadership on the financial status of the District in the 2022-23 school year, announcing that the District is facing a current budget deficit that will result in necessary reductions in the amount of $2.2 million in the current school year, as well as additional reductions in 2023-24 and beyond.
The Superintendent will be hosting another Parent/Community Listening Sessions to provide information and answer questions about the current budget status on Tuesday, November 1st from 11:30am to 1:00pm in the District Office Board Room. For additional details on this topic, please visit the District's Budget Update 2022-23 webpage.
Special Education Parent Partnership
The Student Services Department invites parents to join Sherwood School District's monthly Special Education Parent Partnership meetings. These meetings provide an opportunity to build relationships, learn more about special education, and network with professionals and parents who have a passion for supporting students with disabilities. If you would like to join the Student Services Parent Partnership, please click here.
Classroom Party Volunteers
For the purposes of class parties, any non-staff adult falls under the designation of "volunteer." Volunteers are required to a) complete a background check and b) submit a proof of vaccination or receive approval for a vaccination exception. If you are interested in attending a class party, please submit these items as soon as possible. Processing can take 2+ weeks to complete. More information about volunteer requirements can be found below.
Picture Day, October 26th
Picture Retake day is Friday, December 2nd.
Parent Teacher Conferences, October 27 to 28th
Scholastic Book Fair, October 27th
The Scholastic Book Fair started on October 20th. Students are able to shop during their library times through October 26th. On the 27th, the book fair is open for families from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm. This is the first day of parent-teacher conferences.
Check out the Archer Glen Media page for more information and to set up your student's eWallet. Teachers also have an eWallet if you would like to donate to your child's classroom. Below are more helpful links:
All Volunteers will need to a) complete a background check and b) submit a proof of vaccination or receive approval for a vaccination exception.
- Background checks are completed online: Background Check Forms. Background checks may take up to 10 days to process.
- Proof of vaccinations are submitted to the Archer Glen front office in-person or via email (email@example.com). Vaccination exception forms, if needed, can be found here: Medical Exception Request or Religious Exception Request. Completed exception forms are emailed to Steve Emmert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exceptions may take up to 14 days to process.
Classroom Volunteers are coordinated directly through the classroom teacher. Classroom volunteers will need to a) complete a background check and b) submit a proof of vaccination or receive approval for a vaccination exception. Reach out to your child's teacher to learn about volunteering in the classroom.
School Wide Volunteers, such as for school wide special events and programs, are coordinated through the HelpCounter app. To use the HelpCounter app, please follow these steps:
- Step 1 Submit your a) background check and b) proof of vaccination or exception.
- Step 2 Contact Lyndsey Brewer at email@example.com to make sure that your background check and vaccination information has been cleared. This generally takes two weeks to clear.
- Step 3 Download the HelpCounter App onto your phone
- Step 4 Create an account using the same email that you shared with the PAC coordinator
- Step 5 Set your volunteer preferences and sign up for volunteer opportunities at Archer Glen
Any questions about school-wide volunteer opportunities can be directed to Lyndsey Brewer, PAC Volunteer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community-Based Events and Announcements
Early Release Wednesday
AG PAC Facebook
Connect through PAC's Facebook page for the most up to date news, events, and volunteer opportunities.
AG PAC Website
Check out the PAC website for information about PAC, how to get involved, and other important information.
Background Check 22-23
All volunteers must complete an annual background check. Use this QR code to get started.
AG PAC Facebook
AG PAC Website
Background Check 22-23
Archer Glen Front Office: 503-825-5100
Previous Eagle Updates
- Eagle Update October 12
- Eagle Update October 7
- Eagle Update September 30
- Eagle Update September 23
- Eagle Update September 16