The Preschool Press
January 7, 2022
Winter finally made its landing in Tulsa! We spent time inside this week, grateful for our warm gym where we could run and play. Classes were busy learning all about the winter weather and the Feast of the Epiphany. Deacon Dean Wersal stopped by the school for a special Epiphany blessing in each classroom.
Re-enrollment begins on Monday. You will receive an email with directions for re-enrolling at ECDC for 22-23. If you have questions, please let the office know.
If you are returning to ECDC in 22-23 and would like to change the days your child attends, you will have the opportunity to make that request beginning next week. On Monday you will receive an email with directions for making the request. If no request is made, your child will be enrolled the same days/week they currently attend.
Next Week at a Glance
Teacher Appreciation Lunch-Frogs
The time to re-enroll for the 22-23 school year is coming soon. Below is a timeline for families returning to ECDC in the 22-23 school year.
- Parents of Bee and Raccoon students will receive an email invitation to complete the online re-enrollment. If you have questions about your child's readiness for next year, please contact your child's teacher.
- Parents will also receive an email with instructions to request a change of days for 22-23. Students attending PK4 may attend 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, or 5 days and students attending TK may attend 3, 4, or 5 days.
Re-enrollment and registration fees are due for students returning to ECDC. Families who do not re-enroll by this day will not be guaranteed a spot in 22-23.
Requests to make a change in your child’s days/week attendance for 22-23 are due this day. If no request is made, your child will be assigned the same days he currently attends.
Open enrollment begins for prospective students on the waiting list.
The time to apply to kindergarten for the 22-23 school year is right around the corner. As a reminder, if you are interested in Marquette kindergarten you must complete an application.
Kindergarten application opens on Friday, January 7th, and closes Monday, February 7th.
After School Art Class
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO