Attitudes When Working Out
Positive and Negative Attitudes Toward Workouts: By Amany
A friend can help you power though physical activity and make it enjoyable.
Going to the gym can be a good way to blow off steam and relieve stresses that have happened throughout the day.
Classes are a good way to keep you motivated because everyone around is going though the same routine and provide encouragement.
Negative Attitudes When Working Out
Attitudes have a huge affect on our actions in life. We tend not to notice our own attitudes to important things such as physical activities without having other people point them out. If you see yourself on a few negative attitudes listed below, it's important to try and change that by some provided tips! Physical activity is too important an issue to not be aware of your attitude toward it.
- Many people find working out too hard to actually get up and go to the gym. Putting yourself down and telling yourself that it's too hard to do is something that will never get you up and going. Try to keep in mind how great you will feel afterward instead of thinking about how you feel doing it.
- Excuses are a big part of limiting physical activity: the main one is that there isn't enough time. While most of us have busy schedules, one of the easiest times to get going is early in the morning. This will get you ready for the day and give you an initial boost. Try to not think about how you have to wake up and hour or so earlier, rather think about how much better this will start your day than rolling out of bed.
- Self consciousness is a huge reason for not exercising in public places. I would suggest to overcome that by bringing friends along so your'e not worried about what other people think. But if you can't bring yourself to do that, it's always easy to exercise withing your own home and neighborhood. Being comfortable is a huge part of a good workout, so if that's what works for you, then go for it.
Positive Attitudes When Working Out
- Treat going to the gym as a way to relieve yourself from the stresses of the day. A good workout always helps when you're mad, upset, or stressed because it momentarily takes your mind away from issues that concern your daily routine. Music is also a good way to aid you in your workout, and pump up music can also help get you in a better mood.
- Keep in mind the long term benefits of working out and have a goal in mind. Whether it be a better body or training for a marathon, long term goals are a really good way to keep up the work and it'll give your workout more of a purpose.
- Friends are also a really good way to enjoy physical activities. If you don't have time so see people throughout your day, a meet up at the gym to exercise together might help you interact with them. Furthermore, it encourages your workout and would make it more enjoyable. They provide support and encouragement and prevent you from being down during a workout.
The positive attitudes towards working out clearly outweigh the negative. negative attitudes are usually fueled by short term feelings and emotions, while postie ones will help you maintain a happier and healthier lifestyle in the long run.
Hitti, Miranda. "'Just Do It' Attitude Works With Exercise." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 03 Aug. 2014.
"How to Change Your Attitude About Exercise." Healthy Living. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Aug. 2014.
"HowStuffWorks "Exercise and Attitude"" HowStuffWorks. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Aug. 2014.