Burleson Elementary Newsletter
PURPLE NOTE - AUGUST 20, 2020
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
We will continue to communicate digitally this year. Please make sure to check Class Dojo, the Meadow ISD app, and Facebook for information. We want to make sure that communication remains open to both the face-to-face and online learners' parents. We are still working on making processes easier and smoother, so in this transition period, please continue to show us grace and provide encouragement to the teachers.
Attendance is critical to student success and here are a few reminders:
- The doors open at 7:30 am.
- The first bell rings at 7:40 am.
- The tardy bell rings at 7:45 am.
- For many student's, instruction begins at 7:45 am due to our schedule changes this year, so please make sure they are on time every morning.
- Virtual students must log into Google Classroom beginning Tuesday, August 25th to take attendance. Your child's teacher will send out information soon! Please be on the lookout for this information.
- Our day ends with a snack for all students and the bell rings at 4:55 pm for dismissal. Thank you for your prompt pick up every afternoon!
In addition, per Texas Education Code (TEC), §25.092, students must attend 90% of the days a course is offered to be awarded credit for the course and/or to be promoted to the next grade. This requirement remains in force during the 2020-21 school year. This requirement applies to both face-to-face and remote/virtual instruction.
Students with more than four absences or six tardies may be assigned Monday Makeup School. Students assigned to Monday Makeup School will be required to complete four hours of work from 8:00 am -12:00 pm. The Makeup School will be scheduled each month.
Please return all library books ASAP
PRE - K
Snack list was sent out on Dojo and a copy in backpack. Thank you for your generosity.
Please don't forget to bring a water bottle. You may contact me on Dojo if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. A 😊
Practice your sight words and writing your name at home. This will help us so much in class. Please return your child's purple folder every day and keep sight word baggies in their backpack.
Don't forget to bring a water bottle everyday! Contact me on Dojo if you have any questions.
Don't forget to bring a water bottle everyday!
Second graders have been hard at work so far this year and have been happy to be back at school. We will be having a spelling test, a phonics test, and a math facts test each Friday. Please make sure that your child has studied for these each evening after school and is present for the assessments.
If you have any questions at all, please message me on ClassDojo.com or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for sharing your children with me!
Mrs. Houchin Math/Science
In science we are learning about physical properties and how to describe them.
Mrs. Lamming ELAR/Soc
- We have had a great start to our school year!
- MAP testing is this week
- BAS testing starts this week
- Purple folders will start going home next week
Your students will bring home a spelling list to study, but we will not test on it this week, please keep it in their purple folders.
We will have MAP testing on Thursday 8/20 and the following Tuesday 8/25, so please be sure they are well rested and ready to go those days!
Thank you for all your support,
Mrs. Tarr ELAR/SS
- Bring a water bottle to school everyday
- Masks required for students in grades 4-5
- Students participate in 30 minutes of music and PE everyday. Please make sure children have athletic shoes to wear for PE.
- lTraiga una botella de agua a la escuela todos los días
- Se requieren máscaras para los estudiantes en los grados 4-5
- Los estudiantes participan en 30 minutos de música y educación física todos los días. Por favor, asegúrese de que los niños tengan zapatos deportivos para usar en educación física.
Come out and support our Broncos!!