IMPORTANT StES Community
Learn, Lead, and Love
Upcoming Dates, Events, and Important Information
Aug. 14/15th- Pre-K staggered start
Aug. 16th -ALL Pre-K students back to school!
Aug. 18th- Special Snack
Aug. 24th- Birthday Book Club Members July & August
Aug. 25th- Kona Ice
- Proofs of Residency for all previously enrolled students, as well as new students, need to be submitted ASAP. We need 3 Proofs of Residency. Examples include: Deed, AL Power, & Utility. If you lease or rent we will need a signed affidavit.
- A Monthly Newsletter such as this will be sent home at the beginning of each month.
- Communication Folders for each grade level will be blue. Each grade level will have those folders; however, with the Alabama Literacy Act, teachers are required to keep work samples for each student in the students' portfolio. All parents have the ability to see students' grades in the parent portal of PowerSchool SIS. If you need assistance accessing the parent portal, please contact the school via information provided below.
- Special snack and other events will be announced via social media and Blackboard. Once school begins if you are not receiving Blackboard notifications or social media updates, please let Mrs. Fox know at 256-538-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent Drop off time is 7:10 for transfer bus riders. Buses will unload at 7:15. Student car rider drop off will begin at 7:20. Doors will close at 7:50. No one will be allowed in the building prior to 7:10.
- Car rider pickup will begin at 2:55. Bus riders should exit campus at approximately 3:15. We will send out more information on bus pickup and drop off times once StES has that information.
- Art (only 2nd-6th grade), Technology, Library (for Birthday Book Club), and School Store QR codes are being sent home as well. If you have donated or paid during Back-to-School night do not pay again. However, School Store donations and library donations have not been collected. School Store donations will go towards the purchase of items that can be purchased with Raider Bucks by our students.
- Please notice there have been significant changes to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct can be accessed on the SCCBOE website.
MAJOR Code of Conduct CHANGES.
David is using Smore to create beautiful newsletters