Pine Hollow Middle School
Pine Hollow News: May 5, 2021
It's Teacher Appreciation Week! Please take a moment to send a message to some, or all of your child's teachers, thanking them for their hard work and dedication this year. I've encouraged all of our students to do this as well because I know how much it means for teachers to hear about the impact they've had.
We have an amazing group of teachers at Pine Hollow, and I'm so proud of the way they've adapted to the school year and supported students every step of the way. Send them a shout out when you can... here's our Staff Directory with their contact information. Thank you!
Pine Hollow Middle School
8th Grade Parent Meeting on May 12th
Prepare for CAASPP Testing Beginning on May 17th
The second step to prepare for the CAASPP testing is to make sure your child has the ability to access the CAASPP Secure Browser. We worked on this today in Homestead class, so many of your students have already confirmed they can do this. This can be a confusing process, so please read the instructions in the slide deck carefully, and have your child tell their Homestead teacher if they cannot download / access the CAASPP Secure Browser at this time.
Virtual Open House: May 19th
PTSA Parent Survey
- A library renovation. (Approximately $40,000)
- An electronic marquee for the front of the school. (Approximately $35,000)
- Using the funds on field trips and assemblies if they are allowable under the health guidelines. (Approximately $30,000)
Take the PTSA Survey now!
Summer Enrichment Program at Pine Hollow
We are excited to announce that Pine Hollow Middle School will be hosting a Summer Enrichment Program. We are inviting current 5th, 6th and 7th grade students to register now. The program will provide academic enrichment, fun hands-on activities, social engagement, social-emotional learning opportunities, and a chance to get better acclimated with Pine Hollow. Click here to view all the details and registration instructions!
Textbook / Chromebook Returns
Health and Safety Reminders
Looking Ahead to August
Please check last week's Q&A with MDUSD Superintendent, Dr. Clark, about the fall plans:
Important August Dates:
August 6: 6th Grade Orientation (Tentative)
August 11: Walk-Through Registration
August 12: First Day of School
August 18: Back to School Night
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 12: 8th Grade Parent Meeting
- May 12: MDUSD Board Meeting
- May 13: Incoming 6th Grade Meetings
- May 14: Spirit Day (Wear Hawaiian/Tropical)
- May 19: Open House (5:00-6:00pm)
- May 23: PBIS Orders Due (Last Call)
- May 26: PBIS Raffle
- May 26: PTSA Meeting
- May 28: Spirit Day (Wear Mustang Gear)
- May 28: PBIS Pick-Up Day
- May 31: No School (Memorial Day)
- June 1: Site Council Meeting
- June 2: Last Day of School / 8th Grade Promotion
- June 7: Summer Enrichment Program: Session 1 Begins
- June 21: Summer Enrichment Program: Session 2 Begins