Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ March 17
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
Report Cards and Summer School Registration are online NOW!
1. Report cards for trimester 2 - please be sure to carefully read your child(ren)'s report card and talk with them about it. Our teachers work hard to give you important information about student progress - please take time to read it carefully and set goals with your child(ren).
2. Summer School registration - Starting today, you can enroll your child in Summer School. NEW PROCESS THIS YEAR - all Summer School enrollment will be online through your parent portal. There will not be a paper sign-up as there was in the past. Students received a letter with recommendations today (Friday) and a link for the sign up instructions. Deadline for sign up is Friday, April 14. No registrations will be accepted after that date, so sign up right away, please.
If you need help with your IC Parent Portal, contact the office at Lakeview at (414) 766-5252.
Speak Up for our Schools!
Coin War for Leukemia Lymphoma Society
Last year, Lakeview raised $2000 for the Leukemia Lymphoma society, an organization that is dear to the heart of a Lakeview staff member. We had an assembly to kickoff the coin war that will run from from now until Spring Break. All funds will be donated to the LLS cause. Please support the effort by bringing your spare change (or maybe a few bigger donations as well). There will be a pizza party for winning grade level in this coin war.
Forward Test for Grades 3-5
All students that take the Forward exam need working headphones. Please check with your student to see if all headphones are working correctly. If not, please purchase a simple set of headphones for students to have at school. Some headphones have been lost or no longer work.
We ask that you please make sure your student is in school each day of the testing so that students do not need to miss additional class time for makeup testing. We will need everyone back right away on the first day back after spring break, which is Monday, April 3. If you have any questions about Forward testing, please contact Mr. Sepersky
Rock Paper Scissors Tournament
Thursday, April 13
5:30 p.m. in the Lakeview gym
$5 per competitor (to pay for prizes)
All students received a flyer about the event. Click the PDF below for the flyer and return it to school. We encourage students to sign up in advance!
5th Grade Camp Reminder
2023-2024 School Calendar
• Tristan has been an absolutely outstanding model during our reading group. He is focused, participates, works hard and is learning. Tristan I am so proud of how you are leading our group! Keep up the great work!
• Mario was very engaged when reading with him today. He was noticing a lot of great things about the story and was sharing as he was reading. Way to go, Mario! Keep up the fantastic work!
• Ariella is a hardworking student who always tries her best daily. Way to go!
• Mia is using great strategies like sounding out tricky words and rereading to make sure the word or sentence makes sense. Keep up the great work!
• On Lexia, Dora met her end of the year goal in October and continues to go above and beyond every day! WOW - way to go, Dora!
• Frankie works SO hard to be a good listener, great participator and kind to others. Way to go Frankie!
• Payton is such a kind student. She participates in our lessons and waits patiently for her turn to share! Way to go, Payton!
• Kiyus tied a shoe for a classmate today. Thank you for your kindness Kiyus!
• Logan noticed another student was struggling. Logan stepped in and help this student make the right choice. Logan was kind and patient with the student. Thank you for showing care and kindness when others are struggling.
• Mohamed has gained 20 units In Lexia this week as of Wednesday, March 8! That shows that Mohamed is working hard to stay engaged in his Lexia. Way to go!
• Izzy has gained 20 units in Lexia this week as of Wednesday, March 8. This shows that Izzy is working hard and staying engaged in her Lexia work! Way to go!
• Legion has gained 20 units in Lexia this week as of Wednesday, March 8. This shows that Legion is working hard and staying engaged in his Lexia work! Way to go!
• Maliah has gained 18 units in Lexia this week as of Wednesday, March 8. This shows that Maliah is working hard and staying engaged in her Lexia work! Way to go!
• Aksana noticed a situation at lunch and instead of watching the situation she diffused it quickly by helping another student remove themselves. Aksana thank you for watching out for others and caring so much.
• Kassidy was feeling "learny" in our reading group on Thursday. We all loved the idea of feeling "learny" and joined her in doing amazing thinking and cross checking our mistakes in a shared reading book. Kassidy kept up all the great listening and participating ALL day! Great job!
• I noticed Harmony trying extra hard last week during group time to be respectful and engaged. She had eyes on the speaker during carpet time and would hold up a “level zero” when others started talking. Thanks for being an active listener! Keep up the good work, Harmony!
• Kassidy said "I feel really learny today!" I said, "Learny?" She said, "Yes, I am really ready to learn!" Well I love that! Thanks for being engaged during reading class!
• Mannie started out a new week on Lexia with excellent focus! He earned over 20 minutes and 4 Units in his first session! Way to go Mannie!
• Eva and another student were working on their Lexia and diligently asked what the rule was for a changing suffix because the unit they were working on did not explicitly define the rule. Way to engage in your work and be responsible.
• Ellasyn and another student were working on their Lexia and diligently asked what the rule was for a changing suffix because the unit they were working on did not explicitly define the rule. Way to engage in your work and be responsible.
• Drew has been very respectful and engaged during Library. I know he has been working hard on staying engaged during class activities, checking out books, and making good choices during group time. I appreciate it Drew. - Mr. Franecki
• Amina has been a role model for her classmates this year. I love the pride that she has shown during Black History Month and Women's History Month. Keep up the great work Amina! - Mr. Franecki
• Mason worked really hard last week (the week of March 6) and completed over 200 minutes of Lexia and finished 32 units!! Thanks for being so focused and engaged in your work, Mason!
• Leutrim did an amazing job staying engaged all day!! He asked for help when needed it and participated in class discussion consistently.
• Today in writing, [name] really stepped up to the plate. She owned some mistakes she had made which put her behind in her writing and instead of making excuses she focused and took ownership over her learning and work. Uou really demonstrated what a student can do when they put forth their full effort. I am proud of you!
4K Registration for 2023-24 is open
Click here for information about South Milwaukee's 4K program. Contact the office if you have questions and register now.
Please see this link for the school calendar for the School District of South Milwaukee
March 22 - Lakeview Concert (5K-5th grades), 6:30 p.m. at the high school
April 13 - PTO Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week - May 1-5
May 3-5 - 5th grade camp
June 6 - 5th grade recognition from 6-7 p.m. in the Lakeview gym