SOLO Writing Coach
Evidence-Based Writing Intervention + Technology Supports
You won't want to miss this timely and interactive workshop if:
- you need training on evidence-based writing strategies
- you want to help improve students' writing scores on STAAR and EOC
- the elimination of STAAR M has you wondering about appropriate accommodations for struggling students
- your district has the SOLO Literacy Software Suite but it isn't being used to its instructional potential
SOLO Writing Coach is a scientifically-proven writing intervention kit used in conjunction with the SOLO Literacy Software. Scripted lessons help teachers deliver high-quality writing strategy instruction when accompanied by SOLO technology. SOLO Writing Coach leverages the Self-Regulated Strategy Development (SRSD) model created by Drs. Steve Graham and Karen Harris of Vanderbilt University. It is widely accepted as the most effective model of writing instruction for students with learning disabilities. According to the Writing Next report, explicitly teaching writing strategies has the largest effect on student writing outcomes.
Participants will learn how to:
- Use SOLO Literacy Suite technology
- Leverage the recommendations of Writing Next
- Apply the Self-Regulated Strategy Development (SRSD) writing model
- Teach writing strategies
- Co-teach with SOLO Writing Coach
- Move new knowledge into practice
- Launch a SOLO Writing Coach intervention
Space is limited to 20 participants!
Workshop ID# SP1428973
Wednesday, April 30th, 9am-4pm
Region 13 Education Service Center 5701 Springdale Rd, Austin, TX
Participants will receive a copy of the SOLO Writing Coach Kit ($79 value)!
Audience: Secondary Special Educators and General Educators, Co-Teachers, AT, Ed Tech, Curriculum or Literacy Specialists, etc. Coming as a team would be powerful.
Register online: http://ecampus.esc13.net/show_class_info.html?classid=28973 or by calling 512-919-5456.