New Teacher Tips
Antelope High School Library
Help Your Students Be More Successful!
Collaborate with the Teacher-Librarian!
I am here to help you be more successful with your students. Research shows that students are more successful when teachers collaborate with their teacher-librarian.
- Don't have time to find resources for your lesson?
- Want to incorporate information literacy or digital citizenship into your lesson?
- Want to teach your students how to research or evaluate information better?
- Want to SAMR your lesson and get students using tech to redefine learning?
Shoot me an email with your needs. Click here to see what I can do for you.
Textbook Checkouts and Returns
These take place at the beginning and the end of each term. A Google sheet signup is sent out via email at the beginning of each term and again at the end of the term. Checkouts for English novels are ongoing throughout each term. Government and Economics teachers also have a mid-term return and checkout schedule. These signups can be done via Google Forms or via email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your syllabus should state Antelope High School's Chromebook (CB) Expectations. You can access these expectations here on slide #18.
- All students should have a charged Chromebook each and every day in the classroom.
- If students forget their CB or their CB is not charged, they may come to the Library before school, during lunch, or during the first 5 minutes of each period to get a loaner CB for the day.
- If you receive a new student who has never been enrolled at AnHS, they will need to be issued a CB. They must first complete the Technology Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) on Aeries, and then they can come to the Library to pick up their CB.
- If students are having trouble with their CB or their CB is broken and needs repair, they may come to the Library for help. Students will complete a repair form and will be notified by email when their CB is ready for pickup. They will receive a loaner CB in the interim.
- Password resets can be taken care of by emailing the student's name and id# to Amanda Scuka, or students can come to the Library if Amanda is not available.
When is the Library Open?
Click here for the schedule.
Lunch and Intervention in the Library
The Library is open for students during both lunches, Monday through Friday, and during Intervention, Tuesday through Friday. Students must have their ID cards and no grades below a C- in their classes to attend Intervention. Intervention is for quiet study only.
Lunch is a regular volume time. Games, puzzles, computers, printing, and all other library services are available. Students are allowed to "hang out" during this time.
Antelope Learning Lab (ALL)
ALL is open Tuesday through Thursday from 2:35-4 pm. Student tutors are available in every subject. Students must sign in, so you can check to see if your students are attending! Alicia Reynolds and Rija Gorkhali run ALL. You can direct specific questions to them. Their office is located next door to the Wellness Center in L41. They are awesome and go out of their way to help students during this time.