Inequalities In the Real World
- Ethan has $500 in his savings account at the beginning of summer. He wants at least $200 in his account by the end of summer. He takes out $25 each week for food, movie tickets, and some spending cash. Write an inequality to represent his situation. How many weeks can Ethan withdraw money from his account?
- The taxi that Elli wants to take to the movies charges a flat rate of $1.75 in addition to $0.65 per mile. She has no more than $10 to spend on her ride. Write an inequality to represent Elli's situation. How many miles can she go without exeeding her limit?
- At iHop on a late night on their vacation, James and his 3 friends, Amber, Jonathan, and Owen decide to divide the bill evenly. If each person's part exceeded $13.00, what is the total bill?
- Elizibeth buys 4 new summer shirts for under $90. What is the price ranger for each shirt?
- Some of your friends' bike speeds are between 5 to 6 meters per second. They decide to do a 3000m race. What is the shortest time?
- Shawn is buying notebooks for the beginning of school that are between $2 and $5. He plans to spend $10 on them. What is the least number of notebooks he can buy?